• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Here's a thing. I'm not really in to boxing any more (was a big fan in Tyson's 80s heyday and then in to the 90s with all those great British middleweights) but love reading these threads.

Really good analysis from Blue_Wes and GBJ - keep it up lads!

Yeah it was those middleweights that gave me that first bite...gives me goosebumps every time I read about that era or watch any of those bouts again.

Cheers, if only we could find a way to educate GBJ on Froch...

Sort of related as we're talking about Khan...

Kell Brook ‏@SpecialKBrook 22m

Stop talking bollox queen khan and step up! Public want the fight chump!

I'd enjoy seeing it, but as mentioned before, I'd question Brook's ambition if he's aiming for Khan when he really should be pushing Porter for his belt.

What sort of odds do you think would be offered if they did get it on, must be pretty even?

I'd enjoy seeing it, but as mentioned before, I'd question Brook's ambition if he's aiming for Khan when he really should be pushing Porter for his belt.

What sort of odds do you think would be offered if they did get it on, must be pretty even?

Tbh I'd say it's a difficult one to call, odds wise. Khan, IMO, carries very little KO threat at LWW, and is completely untested at WW. So despite his name, I can't see any real reason to install him as favourite, other than he's fought at world level before, albeit at a lower weight. Brook though, has no real quality names on his résumé & is relatively untested at world level, so it's hard to make a case for him as favourite. I'd guess something like this...

khan to win...

Outright... 10/11
By (T)KO...6/1
points.......4/6

Brook to win...

Outright... 23/20
By (T)KO...3/1
points.......4/1

Thats just a rough, random go at it, probably miles away lol

Wouldn't necessarily agree with Brook there, as to most casuals he's still relatively unknown. I'd be more interested if this fight happened in 12-18 months, after Brook had won a title & etched at least 1 or 2 decent names onto his CV. And similar for Khan tbh, he needs to actually establish himself at 147lbs.

Imagine Brook beats Porter for title, then successfully defends against a Thurman/Alexander contender. Meanwhile, Khan faces and beats Bundu/Guerrero & adds a marquee name to his CV (Marquez?)*

THEN you've got a massive showdown next summer, between Brook & Khan

*theres no guarentee either of them would come through these bouts as winners, but I'm just using these hypothetically

Wouldn't necessarily agree with Brook there, as to most casuals he's still relatively unknown. I'd be more interested if this fight happened in 12-18 months, after Brook had won a title & etched at least 1 or 2 decent names onto his CV. And similar for Khan tbh, he needs to actually establish himself at 147lbs.

Imagine Brook beats Porter for title, then successfully defends against a Thurman/Alexander contender. Meanwhile, Khan faces and beats Bundu/Guerrero & adds a marquee name to his CV (Marquez?)*

THEN you've got a massive showdown next summer, between Brook & Khan

*theres no guarentee either of them would come through these bouts as winners, but I'm just using these hypothetically

Broner and Khan talking about fighting each other on Mayweather's undercard on their Twitter accounts. Be a good fight and good test for each, especially of each others different boxing styles.

Back