• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I do, i would'nt get a vodafone for the reasons touched on earlier, i won't buy or even allow a mirror newspaper in the house and i try and avoid red whenever possible. Mad eh??

Don't remember Barnsley being sponsored by Vodafone. Hmm. Do you use ORA mobile phone accessories?

Does this also work in the reverse though? Does everyone use Insure & Go when going abroad? I use them but the simple reason is because they are generally the cheapest.

Samsung. Wont buy any of their products, something to do with Chelsea being sponsored by them. My Virgin box is made by Samsung, so I bet that wont last long. Plus the last bill was more than expected, probably due to Chelsea's rising wages with their 'star' players :p

F C U K - It really isn't big and it isn't clever. Whoever decided on that "innovative" brand name should be tied to a crane and dangled feet first 9' over the lion's cage at London Zoo.

I used to work in a butchers ad a saturdy boy. The butcher also sold eggs and he put a sign up outside saying "extra lare eggs" people would often come into the shop to tell him he spelt large wrong and while they were there he often sol them some eggs.

F C U K - It really isn't big and it isn't clever. Whoever decided on that "innovative" brand name should be tied to a crane and dangled feet first 9' over the lion's cage at London Zoo.
It was partly acceptable about 9 years ago, when lennox lewis wore the **** fear t shirt, and it was limited to **** fear and **** fashion, but cant believe people wear it like a badge still!!

I used to work in a butchers ad a saturdy boy. The butcher also sold eggs and he put a sign up outside saying "extra lare eggs" people would often come into the shop to tell him he spelt large wrong and while they were there he often sol them some eggs.

admit it mate, you wrote that sign!!

Oh I also avoid 'Icelands' which was formely Bejams as they treated my brother incredibly poorly during his first Saturday job circa 1986. he spent 8.5 hours every Saturday stacking those freezers, freezing his bones to the marrow for those ***** just to lay him off, talk about gratitude!

Talk about holding a grudge, oh and the fact that they have Catona on their adverts keeps my anger alive!

Last edited:
Would never avoid purchasing a product from a company who sponsor another football team. To me that makes no sense at all.

I Love my team as much as the next man but boycotting a company who sponsor a rival football team to me is misguided, narrow minded and taking things just a bit to far.

But that is just me and if anyone feels a difference of opinion then you are welcome to it!

Most of mine are completley irational

I try to stay away from Evian, cos i dont like the french. This also rules out Cars.

Virgin airways have been black listed for the **** flight to the Caribbean this summer

The restaurant in Belfairs cos they threatened to call the police when i refused to pay for a meal that wasn't fit for dogs.

What was this all about Steveo?
Cant remember Dave its been a long time ago but i always held a grudge agains them
I'll try and find out.

admit it mate, you wrote that sign!!

Got me there carl. Was typing that on the I phone in a quiet moment in the pub last night.

Does this also work in the reverse though? Does everyone use Insure & Go when going abroad? I use them but the simple reason is because they are generally the cheapest.

I went for Insure & Go when renewing my travel insurance earlier this year and it was solely because they sponsor us.

Most of mine are completley irational

I try to stay away from Evian, cos i dont like the french. This also rules out Cars.

Virgin airways have been black listed for the **** flight to the Caribbean this summer

The restaurant in Belfairs cos they threatened to call the police when i refused to pay for a meal that wasn't fit for dogs.

Good call Andy, I don't buy anything French on the same basis, great country shame about the inhabitants.

would probably be fair to include Normandy as well there Dashman

I went for Insure & Go when renewing my travel insurance earlier this year and it was solely because they sponsor us.

yeah same here, i've used them the last few times and then decided to check the prices and they seem to be really good value. also had to make a claim for a full refund earlier this summer and they refunded it without a quibble and really quickly

however i definitely won't be buying Sharpies markers!

Back