• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

What a legend! Class player in his day. Shame I haven't got sky to watch it would look good on my new 32" HD tv!

32" HD TV and no Sky...doesn't bear thinking about.

Kinda having a Ferrari with no engine.. lol

Tell me about it perks of living with parents. They don't want sky even though I offered to pay for it. Sooner I move out the better.

FORMER Everton and Stockport striker Brett Angell is the new first-team coach at Warrington Town.

The scorer of 200 goals in more than 500 appearances for 11 Football League clubs between 1988 and 2002 took up the role for the first time on Tuesday when Town defeated Rossendale United 2-0 in the second round of the UniBond League Challenge Cup.

Town's assistant manager Carl Measey said the Yellows are delighted to be joined by the fully qualified 39-year-old, who was reserve team manager at Portsmouth earlier this year and has since moved back up north.

He added: "Manager Ian Street and myself had a good chat with Brett on Tuesday and he's a really nice chap who is committed and very keen.

"He is currently living in Formby and teaching at Edge Hill University, where our goalkeeper Danny Morton is a student.

"Brett and Danny were talking and this opportunity came about that we could not turn down. It's good to get someone down at the club with professional experience.

advertisement
"He did the warm-up with the players on Tuesday and his input at half time was very good. Now we're all looking forward to Saturday's trip to Romulus in the FA Trophy."

Town's management team will have a dilemma on their hands for the first qualifying round tie at midlands club Romulus at 3pm.

The back four of Colin McAllister, Chris Fitzsimmons, Liam Coyne and Matthew Elder, who was making his debut after signing from Cymru Alliance club Buckley Town, were in good form but centre half Tony Dunne has shook off a hamstring injury and will also be available.

Town's next UniBond League First Division South game will be at Kidsgrove on Wednesday.

10:43am Thursday 18th October 2007

listened to 5live radio on Monday. they were talking about life after football. someone mentioned brett angell and said he works at a supermarket - didnt catch where. anyone no if this is right? seems a bit of a drop from working for new zealand fa!

Back