• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours Bringing someone in?

Eastwood is still in and around the Coventry side though, he came off the bench yesterday. I can't see this one happening, would be brilliant if it was true, but I doubt it.

Maybe, maybe not ;)

Guess we will find out something tomorrow...

I would be :stunned: if it were true!

With your links to the club is there any chance you have been given the wink yourself?

I've got a funny feeling he's coming back on loan.

I'd love it. Not because I necessarily think we need him (or that he would even set the League alight) but it would be a real boost for many fans who have been waiting for the Messiah to return. Just watch our attendances rise if/when it happens.

I'd love it. Not because I necessarily think we need him (or that he would even set the League alight) but it would be a real boost for many fans who have been waiting for the Messiah to return. Just watch our attendances rise if/when it happens.

He's not the Messiah . He's a very naught boy !

So, what started off by me as a joke, seems to have taken on some plausibility........
though still a long shot. I suppose, hypothetically, you could conjure up an argument that Chris Coleman has a striker that has had his confidence knocked out of him by his spell at Wolves..........loan him to Southend for a month in order to get him scoring goals again.
I suppose the next logical question after that is, will it happen?...........will it work?
Many assume that if Freddy returned he would just take off from where he left and that, surely, is just the problem. Both Coventry and ourselves would like to see Freddy as he was pre-Man U. Anyhow I imagine that these thoughts are carrying speculation a bit too far...................................................................for the moment!

if ron martin or tilson had a decent business brain they'd get a decent loan signing in like eastwood/mcsheffery (in my opinion cant see either one of them coming here!) cos if a we sign a decent player its guarantees more bums on seats.
more bums on seats means maybe a better atmosphere with our run at the moment who knows push for play-offs is still on!
if leeds lose tonight and we win tomorrow 5 points behind a team that think there too good for this division due to there fan base!

if ron martin or tilson had a decent business brain they'd get a decent loan signing in like eastwood/mcsheffery (in my opinion cant see either one of them coming here!) cos if a we sign a decent player its guarantees more bums on seats.
more bums on seats means maybe a better atmosphere with our run at the moment who knows push for play-offs is still on!

Thanks for your insight Sir Alan.

Think a 'marquee' style signing now would be timed perfectly.

Imagine (though I doubt for 1 second it will happen) if Eastwood runs out for us tomorrow - what a boost it would give the fans more than anything and really could be the difference in coming close or even sneaking into the play-offs and playing out the rest of the season in safety (though I would have taken that 2 months back!).

Anyway, be an interesting 24 hours I think...

Think a 'marquee' style signing now would be timed perfectly.

Imagine (though I doubt for 1 second it will happen) if Eastwood runs out for us tomorrow - what a boost it would give the fans more than anything and really could be the difference in coming close or even sneaking into the play-offs and playing out the rest of the season in safety (though I would have taken that 2 months back!).

Anyway, be an interesting 24 hours I think...

I'm not good at "surprises" though! I want to know NOW!

Back