• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours Bringing someone in?

I do not know the full terms of the "emergency loan" window, but it would appear a bit odd that we are allowed to bring in a forward on "emergency loan" when we have a forward out on loan who we could recall (Paul Furlong). :unsure:

IIRC we can't recall Furlong as he went on a standard loan until the end of the season. Those loans can only be ended whilst the transfer window is open. To further complicate matters, I think he originally joined Barnet on an emergency loan.

Emergency loans are basically the way round the ludicrous transfer window rules UEFA/FIFA imposed.

As far as I can see, Tilly hasn't actually said the player is a proven CCC striker, he said he is after a "proven front-runner who is currently out of favour at a Championship club"... Doesn't say what league he was scoring in...

Is Freddy really out of favour though. As far as I can see he has played most games for Coventry this season when fit. Would be more likely to be McSheffrey I would think.

i reckon its none of the strikers mentioned before!
would love 2 see mcsheffery down here but i think he's too good for us!

Byfield and Eastwood always get mentioned when we need a striker never ever happens

Gallen league 2 striker now not Championship! and too be honest id rather give ademeno a chance infront of an older player!

proven championship striker means he's older and not getting games

He's on the bench for Doncaster v Derby tonight so I'd be surprised if it's him.

I doubt we'll get anyone in... All talk by tilly... If they really wanted this player or a striker before tomorrow they would of made sure the deal was done. Stick with what we've got, its doing ok at the moment.

Back