• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours Bringing someone in?

i am led to believe it is mcsheffery, one month. he needs to get his fitness back. unfortunately wasn't completed in time for todays game :(

i am led to believe it is mcsheffery, one month. he needs to get his fitness back. unfortunately wasn't completed in time for todays game :(

According to Birmingham City website, he could be included in their squad today, so I think not.

In the unlikely event of a new loan player running after the team coach, with boots in hand, I think we can take it that there will be no new additions today. Reading between the lines, if it was 'going to be feasible' he would now be with us, thus we can assume that a) there has been a glitch which has delayed his arrival......or more likely.......... b)the whole deal has fallen through.
Of course, the real problem arrives Tuesday night, when Barnard is suspended. Now, as a number of you have said, we can patch things up for a game......although, sadly, it is against one of the top sides. The problem with this argument is that it relies on three things:-
1) Barnard staying fit
2) Freedman returning and keeping fit
3) Laurent coming back as soon as everyone hopes
If two of the above happen we're alright .......less than that and we are rather stretched.

Hopefully Yogi, we can get a loanee in Monday if it becomes necessary. With Barney's fragility, I wouldn't want him to be expected to turn out every game just yet.

Just seen Macsheffery and Gallen sharing a Ginsters Pasty and a can of Tizer in Roots hall car park. Make of that what you will.

Does this only cover short-term loans then YB now that the January window is closed?

You can now only sign players on emergency loans, which have to be a minimum of 28 days and can only be extended to a maximum of 3 months (although that shouldn't be too much of an issue now).

You can now only sign players on emergency loans, which have to be a minimum of 28 days and can only be extended to a maximum of 3 months (although that shouldn't be too much of an issue now).

Well the 93-day rule is no longer a problem given the date but are long-term loans (ie. to the end of the season) now no longer possible? I take it you're saying that you can now only take a player on a month-by-month basis, extending that loan to a maximum of 93 days as time passes. If this is the case the likes of Sawyer will not be an opton for us as we've already had him on one short-term loan. If you can still take a player on a longer-term loan then he would still be a possibility surely if we went for him?

Well the 93-day rule is no longer a problem given the date but are long-term loans (ie. to the end of the season) now no longer possible? I take it you're saying that you can now only take a player on a month-by-month basis, extending that loan to a maximum of 93 days as time passes. If this is the case the likes of Sawyer will not be an opton for us as we've already had him on one short-term loan. If you can still take a player on a longer-term loan then he would still be a possibility surely if we went for him?

Long term loans can only take place whilst the transfer window is open.

Back