• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

To be honest, he wouldn't get in a championship team this season, so it would make sense all round to leave him here for the season. As long as Watford pay the wages...

I don't think he would ever do better than league 2 to be honest. Definitely one for the Watford release list IMO. I would recommend trying to resurrect the championship career of John spicer, but be warned, we would need some serious cash for him

Would really benefit from playing in a team that plays killer through balls in behind as he loves running the channels. He's quick to react, fleet of foot, strong and knows where his team-mates are.

Defences down here are designed to deal with balls over the top and are struggling to keep up with him on the turn, he'd do well playing alongside an advanced midfielder or a roaming striker.

A player who scores goals will always be appreciated by fans. I don't think anyone would argue Brit could play at championship level currently, so it's in everyone's interests that he builds his game and confidence in league 2 and then maybe higher. Is he a natural born goal scorer or just on a run of form? Does he have enough to his all round game to play at a higher level in future? I'm not sure.

Am liking the "honest" views on this thread! :clap: :smile:

Built up a good relationship with Tomlin, and proved last home match that he can also put in a decent shift alongside more experienced forwards in Corr and Eastwood. Good turn of speed, has recently started whinging about being fouled which isn't an attribute I like, needs to stand on his feet a bit more.

Am liking the "honest" views on this thread! :clap: :smile:

Built up a good relationship with Tomlin, and proved last home match that he can also put in a decent shift alongside more experienced forwards in Corr and Eastwood. Good turn of speed, has recently started whinging about being fouled which isn't an attribute I like, needs to stand on his feet a bit more.

Glad someone else noticed that. He was winding me up big time with the amount of time he was on the floor. With Benyon up top that game as well, our forwards spent most of the first half on the floor. TBF though, Baldwin had a very decent match against us and knew how to deal with Assombalonga until BBBC and Fred came on, at that point the whole Exeter team **** themselves.

I don't think he would ever do better than league 2 to be honest. Definitely one for the Watford release list IMO. I would recommend trying to resurrect the championship career of John spicer, but be warned, we would need some serious cash for him

Let's be fair though, I would take Britt and £100k for super Spicer

Good article in the Mail today by Martin Samuel bemoaning the fact that Watford have so many players on loan from Italy which is spoiling the chances of home grown talent.
Makes a lot of sense , but still didn't stop me thinking that Watford's policy was to our advantage.:winking:

Good article in the Mail today by Martin Samuel bemoaning the fact that Watford have so many players on loan from Italy which is spoiling the chances of home grown talent.
Makes a lot of sense , but still didn't stop me thinking that Watford's policy was to our advantage.:winking:

It is another indication to me that the loan system is out of control and needs to be very seriously curtailed. :thumbdown:

They were talking about Watford last night, apparently have about 40 first team players and loads from Udinese.

Very bizarre but working in our advantage as they seem to be totally ignoring their own youth.

As things stand I dont see Assombalonga having much of a future there.

Cant see the whole Watford 'project' lasting very long. Zola will be gone soon as he is not a very good football manager and Italian players arent really suited for the championship. It is harming their homegrown talent for sure, think theyve got nearly a full XI on loan to various clubs in this division.

Back