• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

1. Players Fitness levels

How important are they, and what should minimum levels be etc.. How can they be improved/maintained?

2. Ground Capacity

I currently have the base level stadium with 6,500 capacity

Standing Room: 3000
Uncovered Seats: 2500
Covered Seats: 750
Members Seats: 250

I've noticed that in my one day games, I'm pretty much selling out, and wondered whether I should be looking to expand. If so, what would you recommend I expand to, and what mix?

I have 592 members at the mo, and employ
Sports Psychologists: 3
PR Officers: 1
Financial Advisors: 1

Should I look to employ some more of these?

I currently have £587k in the bank, although I'm due to stop receiving my £50k weekly starter soon, but still making profit anyway and have a weekly salary expenditure of 9k, and staff costs of £32.5k

Also, does it matter when I build, i.e would I lose gate money during the building phase in which case would I be better waiting until I have a week of no home fixtures?

Thanks all.

Dave

1) I tend to try not to play anyone below energetic. Better stamina = better recovery times

2) Follow the 45/40/11/4 ratio, ground improvements are relatively cheap. If you're winning your games go with 18x members for a good estimate of how many you'll get but allow for expansion.

Check this our for other bits and pieces:

http://garyjones.co.uk/battrick/

With FA's, if you get to £1.6m you can earn £80k per week with 8 FA's which is vital to future growth, most teams leave themselves with £1.6m minimum.

The Flying Scotsman said:
1. Players Fitness levels

How important are they, and what should minimum levels be etc.. How can they be improved/maintained?

2. Ground Capacity

I currently have the base level stadium with 6,500 capacity

Standing Room: 3000
Uncovered Seats: 2500
Covered Seats: 750
Members Seats: 250

I've noticed that in my one day games, I'm pretty much selling out, and wondered whether I should be looking to expand. If so, what would you recommend I expand to, and what mix?

I have 592 members at the mo, and employ
Sports Psychologists: 3
PR Officers: 1
Financial Advisors: 1

Should I look to employ some more of these?

I currently have £587k in the bank, although I'm due to stop receiving my £50k weekly starter soon, but still making profit anyway and have a weekly salary expenditure of 9k, and staff costs of £32.5k

Also, does it matter when I build, i.e would I lose gate money during the building phase in which case would I be better waiting until I have a week of no home fixtures?

Thanks all.

Dave

1 - Same as B, I don't play anyone under Energetic unless it's a very important game, and I don't need them immediately after. But never play below Invigorated. A good rule of thumb, is that each level of PFL they are down is equivalent to losing 10% of their Primary Levels e.g a Superb / Superb Bat playing on Invigorated will be equivalent to having a Proficient / Proficient playing at Sublime

2 - You don't lose out by building while you have a home game, but try and do it, so that when it's complete you don't have a big gap til your next home game as you will lose money for Ground Maintainance. It normally takes 8 days for an upgrade to take effect.

One thing that didn't appear to be answered is PFL management. You obviously need to training stamina especially for bowlers and all rounders. You need most nets for other training so net, pop, rotate seems to be the consensus. I've played a couple at invigorated and even lively before if I can see that they can be rested in the next FC/OD and preferably both games. I've just about handled PFL pretty well with a squad of 19/20. In the early days I had more than this but effectively had 8 or 9 players that cost peanuts in wages and were used in games I had no chance of winning. This needs to be balanced against the massive hit in NRR and for OD could make a difference between 4th and safety v 5th and play off or 6th v 7th and autorelegation.

As I've improved rather than sell of fire some of my early first teamers they now fill in on games I am confident of winning together with fully fit first teamers. As the team continues to improve the worst one goes and the cycle continues. At early low levels experienced mediocre/competents/respectables if you can afford them seemed to make a difference for me.

Ok - possibly stupid question but i havent had a chance to look at it fully.... When you stop your nets, does the BTR rating of the player stabalise and move slightly up and down based on form.... or will it get to the point where i have a player with decent Primarys but a low BTR rating?

Ok - possibly stupid question but i havent had a chance to look at it fully.... When you stop your nets, does the BTR rating of the player stabalise and move slightly up and down based on form.... or will it get to the point where i have a player with decent Primarys but a low BTR rating?
Yep, with no training the BTR will stabilise and be governed solely by form movements.

Benji91 said:
It doesn't really matter as BTR is irrelevant really, as it has no bearing on how a player will perform

Back