• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Can men drink Rosey?

Wine

• Total voters
Sparkling red wine - sounds strange but is bloomin' luvverly!

I am led to believe there's an Italian deli somewhere in the Southend area (maybe L-o-S or Hadleigh) where you can get red prosecco which is probably the nicest fizzy wine I've ever had.

Probably the sort of place you only know about if you've got Italian relations.

Personally i find Rose to be a seasonal drink. Absolutely superb as a 'hot summers day sit outside picnic number' but when the weathers like it is at the moment I will only drink red.

The best bottle I've found of recent years is:-

9300770008017_200.jpg

Its bloody gorgeous.

The funniest vote has to go to True Blue for "You should be drinking San Miguel" when he drinks anything with a umbrella and cherry. ****ing Malilbu and Pineapple i don't think i will ever forget that. :p :hilarious: :finger:

Personally i find Rose to be a seasonal drink. Absolutely superb as a 'hot summers day sit outside picnic number' but when the weathers like it is at the moment I will only drink red.

The best bottle I've found of recent years is:-

9300770008017_200.jpg

Its bloody gorgeous.

yep, Rosé is very nice when you fancy a change from Red, and is very good in the summer months (when we have a summer)

Good call on the Wolfblass - excellent red wines from there as well!!

And Sam, don't worry about being Ginger, with time, you'll get used to it as many of us on here have!! :D

plus Gallo's white Zinfandel

Gallo's White Grenache is the tipple of choice for Mrs Fatshrimp at the moment. I must say, it is very, very quaffable. Now favoured by most people over white or red when we have people round. Consequently, the wine fridge is full of the stuff.

Rosé is delicious. If I'm in a restaurant, it's usually my preferred choice of wine and, as some have already mentioned, it tastes especially refreshing on a hot summer's day.

Right - Was on my way to Roots Hall saturday with my Brighton mate Steve who very kindly gives me a lift every week. As we have just over an hour to kill each way

If you think the journey from Brighton is just over an hour DtS you must be drinking too much of the stuff. Alternatively, please can you tell me your route !

Should only be drunk at home. Tastes nice, but totally gay.

You got me, I'm scared of pink, because I am a huge woofter.

If you think the journey from Brighton is just over an hour DtS you must be drinking too much of the stuff. Alternatively, please can you tell me your route !

Well, as you know I have done Portslade to Dartford in 45 minutes Gazza (albeit on a Sunday evening), add another 25 mins to get to Southend from there and Dave's not far off the mark.

It's amazing how much time you can make up by using the outside lane, you should try it sometime!..

:p

Well, as you know I have done Portslade to Dartford in 45 minutes Gazza (albeit on a Sunday evening), add another 25 mins to get to Southend from there and Dave's not far off the mark.

It's amazing how much time you can make up by using the outside lane, you should try it sometime!..

**** me, you were in there quick.. i only at half past 10

Well I get a lift from Haywards Heath most weeks so there to Southend is just over an hour mate.

From Brighton central your right no chance.

Fair enough Smiffy. I too would have been tanking along in the outside lane if I had wet my leg like you did last time you were here. No wonder you were in a hurry to get home.:eek:

Back