• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ranger has no history of injury problems at all and those recently are a combination of bad lack and inactivity. Many issues but injuries no. Actually with a fair wind he is perfectly capable of being ever present. Plus has he even been booked yet?

BTW we have a 1 year option on his contract.

Been injured a fair bit so far this season though hasn't he? Just hope it isn't going to be one of those cases when we get 3 or 4 games then he's out for the next 3 or 4. So far, that's been the case.
Quite a few comments regarding his fitness so I can't be the only one thinking it.
I hope you're right obviously as if he stays fit, I believe we have a massive chance of having a fantastic season. Been some very good signs recently. Played Millwall off the park the other day and they are above us in the league, we would have won that game 9 out of 10 times.

Realistically I think around 12th is the most probable outcome of our final finish standings, however, you never know, we could end up going on a decent run like Barnsley did last season.

Bradford will be a big test on Saturday, and if we can get a draw against them it will feel like a win to me. After that (on paper at least), we have relatively easy fixtures in the run up to Xmas and the new year.

But as we all know, Our Southend Utd, like to not only rip up the form book, but shred it, douse it in petrol & burn it, just to be sure. :smile:

I am sure I am right at saying Stan Collymore said his happiest time were at blues and he wishes he never left. Niall I understand is living locally and if things are going well and w look after him perhaps his motivation to leave will be somewhat less than it might be otherwise.

maybe, he was also very happy at Forest with Bryan Roy..... it's when he hit Anfield things changed.

Ironshrimper/mrsblue why does it seem that you won't be happy unless it all goes wrong ?

We're only just outside playoffs points wise,I reckon if we can stay roughly where we are now till January then we could make a push with a few decent signings after getting rid of dead wood out like Williams and Barrett.:winking:

Wot makes u people tick,NO Games R EASY ,as my mate Brian Clough used 2 say take 1 game at a time ,& it only takes a second 2 score a goal:hilarious::smile:

Ironshrimper/mrsblue why does it seem that you won't be happy unless it all goes wrong ?
I'm really pleased we have won, I'm a season ticket holder so I pay my way......... I'm not a Lenny fan(that will upset the fan boys)I don't rate Cox... I rate Ranger, but feel we rely on him way too much..We need another fast, decent striker.

We're only just outside playoffs points wise,I reckon if we can stay roughly where we are now till January then we could make a push with a few decent signings after getting rid of dead wood out like Williams and Barrett.:winking:

I'd be surprised if the club did ship out Barrett in the January transfer window, considering he will be so close to finishing his final contract with us, most likely the club will leave him in the squad for the Checkatrade trophy matches or incase of more injuries etc.

Williams on the other hand though.... that transfer window cant come quick enough! :smile:

Just hoping the Bentley & Payne money will come to us in time, otherwise it will be yet another disappointing transfer window for us as usual.

I'm really pleased we have won, I'm a season ticket holder so I pay my way......... I'm not a Lenny fan(that will upset the fan boys)I don't rate Cox... I rate Ranger, but feel we rely on him way too much..We need another fast, decent striker.

Mr I-Shrimper, I am delighted to hear that you are pleased with today's win.

On a day when we have scored 4 goals away from home, with both forwards scoring, with another cracking strike from a winger, with no injuries sustained, you have posted maybe 20 times telling us what you don't like and what may go wrong, but at 10.22pm you raise your first post which shows any degree of pleasure in the win.

Just a thought, but perhaps that may be why some people could get the wrong impression and think you are happier on the days when it all goes pear-shaped.

Can we sneak top 6?
With Ranger and Cox fit, and 9 well organised players behind them I don't actually think this is out of the question.
Without them, no chance. But irrespective, compared to what I saw at Rochdale this has been a remarkable turnaround.

I know RM is clever, but I understand clubs are looking at Ranger already, bad news

They can look all they like, he's with us until 2018 if we want him.

No way are we even contenders for top 6, too many injury prone players and even though we won heavily today in the end our defending was often a little frantic. The front two will be a handful for anyone though and if they can stay fit we'll have an enjoyable season. Personally I'd urge caution. We could easily still be embroiled in a relegation scrap as we know we struggle to halt bad runs. Luckily right now we're on a good one, enjoying it a lot and a pleasant surprise given the dreadful start to the season.

Even if clubs were looking at Ranger, he is under contract, and will demand a fee.

If the club were to activate the extension clause and then cash in on that interest at some point, great - it's something we need to do better.

edit: As for Bentley's and Payne's fee I'm not at all bothered if that money goes straight into reducing our debts.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...0-highly-rated-goalkeeper-Daniel-Bentley.html

Back