• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Aside the bad spelling and punctuation etc.

Is anyone else sick and tired of the new stadium malarky, I know its a huge step for SUFC, but it seems to be, I hate to say it an excuse for almost anything.. :thumbdown:

The email read like a graysblue jr/snr post!

Good news on the shirt, especially for it being for 2 years. Am I right in thinking Insure & Go only have a year to go on their deal with SUFC? If they decide not to renew the sponsorship, it will mean another new shirt the following year!!

I'm hoping for tartan shorts - like the new Celtic away kit!

prd_maxzoom_celtic-55708.jpg

I'm hoping for tartan shorts - like the new Celtic away kit!

prd_maxzoom_celtic-55708.jpg

OMG - :stunned:
What were Nike thinking there? It's on the shirt too (albeit only small shoulder flashes...)

Cue for me to eat some humble pie:
That pic of Theo in the new shirt on the OS today & the news that it will likely be a 2 year shirt is making me think I'll buy it...

Dearie me, I think it's time for the blogs to end if all we're left with is questions from 10 year olds. I'm sure Ron could be doing better things with his time than spelling out the obvious.

The cynic in me thinks that Ron prefers these types of question as it makes him look better and they are easier to squirm out of, than say a carefully worded MtS question.

Anyone else think that publishing this email in full (spelling mistakes, bad grammar and all) is a bit wrong?

The email clearly states he wasn't expecting a reply so it wasn't the intention to be used in the Chairman's Blog, as opposed to many people who've emailed specifically for that reason. The person who sent it whilst not being the most literary of souls has an obvious passion for our club and was merely expressing frustration at his view of events. To have this put up for ridicule, which if not Ron's intention is certainly what has happened, is a bit insulting to someone who is obviously a loyal supporter of the club. I feel however that part of this blog was to put the email out to be laughed at, almost a 'look at the idiots I have to deal with' sort of thing.

I have defended the blogs in the past and overall think they've been a good idea. However this one sits a little uneasy with me.

As for all the snidey comments about the guys grammar and spelling - are we saying that to express a view on our club you have to pass an English exam first?

Anyone else think that publishing this email in full (spelling mistakes, bad grammar and all) is a bit wrong?

The email clearly states he wasn't expecting a reply so it wasn't the intention to be used in the Chairman's Blog, as opposed to many people who've emailed specifically for that reason. The person who sent it whilst not being the most literary of souls has an obvious passion for our club and was merely expressing frustration at his view of events. To have this put up for ridicule, which if not Ron's intention is certainly what has happened, is a bit insulting to someone who is obviously a loyal supporter of the club. I feel however that part of this blog was to put the email out to be laughed at, almost a 'look at the idiots I have to deal with' sort of thing.

I have defended the blogs in the past and overall think they've been a good idea. However this one sits a little uneasy with me.

As for all the snidey comments about the guys grammar and spelling - are we saying that to express a view on our club you have to pass an English exam first?

I actually totally agree with this. Well said, I was left feeling a little uneasy.... surely there was a different email he could have used - or not used an email and just put a few bullet points summarising all the transfer comments?

I feel that this email was deliberately picked to go with the statement about continuing weekly blogs statement, in a "look at the stuff i have to put up with" sort of way.

I sense he has got fed up with the idea now and feels that hihlighting some of the tripe he gets sent will gain support when he decides to curtail this method communication with the fans.

Ha Ha ..I have never seen a thread where everyones spelling and punctuation has been so 'carefully' checked..

After my last mail went un-answered I am going to send Ron a hand written list of questions by recorded delivery.

I have illustrated the letter with a few pictures of my favourite players and a couple of panini shineys so there is no way he can miss it.

Ron didn't mention anything about imminent signings from La Liga. Was that just a smokescreen for a smash and grab raid or does it mean that Southend United just haven't got the 'clout' to bring young Iberian talent to Roots Hall. Either way I'm confused...

I don't think it was the just the grammer, spelling and punctuation that was at fault in the e-mail. In my mind, all of the questions raised, were "obvious" no-brainer answers that 99% of fans already knew.

Quite canny really. He can negotiate with Insure & Go at renewal time by saying 'it'll cost you the same as before plus the lost revenue from new shirts this season' and 'don't let the fans down by pulling out and making us change the kit when we said we wouldn't' then bring out a 3rd kit anyway.

Call me cynical and feel free to bump this forward next year buit that's just my suspicion.

Agree also with those that have said Ron picked an easy email to burn for the blog. I'm sure he must have had some more challenging correspondence than that.

Back