• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rlb999

We want 4 stands!
Just don't understand why Sheffield United are getting involved with this. Yes, he's probably capable of bagging a few goals if they can get him fit, but are they really prepared to risk the credibility of the club on an issue like this? The only reason I can see why they aren't giving this a wide berth is that they genuinely believe this guy has been wrongly convicted?

He's just training with them I believe, they've not decided whether they want him back. In my eyes, they'd be nuts to offer him a contract.

I don't remember Plymouth fans and board members etc being this bad when Luke McCormick came back. Ched Evans still pleads that he is innocent.

I don't remember Plymouth fans and board members etc being this bad when Luke McCormick came back. Ched Evans still pleads that he is innocent.

Luke McCormick is a bit different, unintentional death caused by a very stupid decision whilst horrific could have happened to anyone that has made the idiotic decision to drive after a night out thinking that a couple of hours sleep makes you sober. There was a lot of protesting to McCormick being allowed back from what I remember anyway.

Luke McCormick is a bit different, unintentional death caused by a very stupid decision whilst horrific could have happened to anyone that has made the idiotic decision to drive after a night out thinking that a couple of hours sleep makes you sober. There was a lot of protesting to McCormick being allowed back from what I remember anyway.

Nowhere near as much as Ched Evans is getting. Mike Tyson raped someone then continued to box, so why is Evans different? I'm not condoning what he did but he has served his time and he should be allowed to try and get a job in the trade he is good at.

Last edited:
Whether he still claims innocence or not makes no difference, a jury of 12 people have unanimously found him proven guilty (which is a pretty strong standard).
What makes the feeling against him particularly strong is the campaign of harassment by Evans's friends/supporters against his victim.
FWIW I don't think Evans, McCormick or Lee Hughes should have been allowed back into football. Yes, they served their time, and should be rehabilitated into society as a whole - but not in a position where they continue to serve as a de facto role model. Any club that touches such players is tarnished in my eyes.

I completely agree with Charlie Webster's decision to resign from her position as patron, but I genuinely don't know who the PFA think they are essentially demanding Sheffield United to allow him to train. Put the club in a very, very difficult situation.

I completely agree with Charlie Webster's decision to resign from her position as patron, but I genuinely don't know who the PFA think they are essentially demanding Sheffield United to allow him to train. Put the club in a very, very difficult situation.

I heard Gordon Taylor being interviewed and asked about how Evans can be rehabilitated when he has shown no remorse. He bumbled about Evans considering an appeal and basically suggesting he might not be guilty. Pretty disgusting really. I know Trade Unions are meant to stick by their members but they are not doing the image of football, and consequently their members, any favours.

I also wonder how the other players at Sheffield United feel having him about and having him train. It can't do much for their focus. If I was Nigel Clough I'd want him nowhere near my players.

Have to disagree with Ricey - there are other professions where if you were convicted for what Evans did you would not be allowed to return to the profession. I really hoped no club would touch him.

Ps. Charlie Webster is fit!

So does MaxClifford, Rolf Harris, Gary Glitter on their offences, let's just hope one day your not a parent who's kid has been raped, you may think five years out in two is nothing

Personally think he should be chemical castrated or better still let the victims family do it
Chad Evans scum of the highest order imho

UTS

its a damned if i do damned if i dont situation really, what if 2 or 3 years down the track it turns out that he was innocent,and he was villified (which he should be if he is guilty)and was not allowed to continue his career,dont you think he would have a case to sue the pfa and the football association for restraint of trade.

I heard Gordon Taylor being interviewed and asked about how Evans can be rehabilitated when he has shown no remorse. He bumbled about Evans considering an appeal and basically suggesting he might not be guilty. Pretty disgusting really. I know Trade Unions are meant to stick by their members but they are not doing the image of football, and consequently their members, any favours.

I also wonder how the other players at Sheffield United feel having him about and having him train. It can't do much for their focus. If I was Nigel Clough I'd want him nowhere near my players.

Have to disagree with Ricey - there are other professions where if you were convicted for what Evans did you would not be allowed to return to the profession. I really hoped no club would touch him.

Ps. Charlie Webster is fit!

Two fantastic posts.

its a damned if i do damned if i dont situation really, what if 2 or 3 years down the track it turns out that he was innocent,and he was villified (which he should be if he is guilty)and was not allowed to continue his career,dont you think he would have a case to sue the pfa and the football association for restraint of trade.
Nonsense - he is was found guilty - there is no what if.

What about an appeal? If he is cleared, what then?

Then it becomes an entirely different argument, doesn't it. But for the time being the only thing anybody has to work with is that he was found guilty of rape by a jury based on the evidence available. I really don't know what's difficult about this.

Then it becomes an entirely different argument, doesn't it. But for the time being the only thing anybody has to work with is that he was found guilty of rape by a jury based on the evidence available. I really don't know what's difficult about this.
Absolutely

No one - the jury, the judge and the subsequent judges who've looked at appeal applications from Evans, have found any significant uncertainty about Evans' guilt.

Evans hasn't been able to bring up any significant new evidence to support his appeal applications, which is why they keep getting rejected.

Also. The continued financial and public support from his girlfriends wealthy family is bizarre.

Last edited:
Jess Ennis has said she'll ask for her name to be removed from the stand at Bramall Lane if Evans is signed. Fair play.

Someone will throw a ton of money at this in the new few months and they'll be the normal media spin and come next year Ched will probably be playing professional football somewhere (doubt Sheffield utd)

Jess Ennis has said she'll ask for her name to be removed from the stand at Bramall Lane if Evans is signed. Fair play.

Yet Marlon King played for them last season, don't remember her being against that move.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back