• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yet Marlon King played for them last season, don't remember her being against that move.

I don't think Marlon King and his conviction has had quite the level of publicity as the Ched Evans one. Also Marlon King wasn't convicted of rape, and hasn't looked to publicly smear the victim.

The strange/interesting thing about Marlon King is that he complained about the PFA not supporting him, but now with Ched Evans it's quite clear that he's had at least some support from the PFA. Not quite sure how that works, or why that's changed.

I don't think Marlon King and his conviction has had quite the level of publicity as the Ched Evans one. Also Marlon King wasn't convicted of rape, and hasn't looked to publicly smear the victim.

The strange/interesting thing about Marlon King is that he complained about the PFA not supporting him, but now with Ched Evans it's quite clear that he's had at least some support from the PFA. Not quite sure how that works, or why that's changed.

Maybe not, but he got pretty close:

Wikipedia

King has served three jail sentences,[2] and has a number of other criminal convictions including: theft from a person and from a car, criminal damage, and attempting to obtain property by deception; fraudulent use of vehicle licence document, driving without insurance, speeding, drink driving; a wounding incident while playing amateur football, and two cases involving assault of young women rejecting his advances in the Soho area of London. King had his playing contract cancelled by Wigan after being convicted of the sexual assault charges and being sentenced to eighteen months in prison.

Also, I can understand Jess Ennis deciding to consider her position after Charlie Webster and some shirt sponsors at Sheffield United decided to make a stand as well. Ennis' statement was really good as well:

“I believe being a role model to young people is a huge honour and those in positions of influence in communities should respect the role they play in young people’s lives and set a good example."

"If Evans was to be re-signed by the club, it would completely contradict these beliefs".

He might not have done the same but he was put on the sex offenders register, much like Ched Evans.

He might not have done the same but he was put on the sex offenders register, much like Ched Evans.

True.

I don't know for sure why Ennis (and Webster, and other sponsors) have spoken out now rather than last season with King, but I guess it is due to the more serious nature of Evans' crime and the greater publicity he has received.

True.

I don't know for sure why Ennis (and Webster, and other sponsors) have spoken out now rather than last season with King, but I guess it is due to the more serious nature of Evans' crime and the greater publicity he has received.

It is fresh in people's minds too. Evans has only just been released and King was released years ago.

If Sheff Utd don't sign him then somebody is bound take a punt on him, possibly with him dropping down to L2 to find a club.

Hopefully he hasn't got a goofy goal celebration lined up like Lee Hughes to really rub Joe Publics nose in it.

If Sheff Utd don't sign him then somebody is bound take a punt on him, possibly with him dropping down to L2 to find a club.

Hopefully he hasn't got a goofy goal celebration lined up like Lee Hughes to really rub Joe Publics nose in it.

Well Hartlepool said no in the end but looks like Oldham are going to step up, given they gave Lee Hughes his big second chance I'm starting to wonder if their scouts only watch games in prison!

We don't need two threads on this, please see Shrimpers Chit-Chat for the other one.

Love
Ricey
Aka The Stroppy Drip

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back