• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Would you welcome Ched to Roots Hall?

• Yes

Votes: 76 52.4%
  • No

Votes: 61 42.1%
  • Bart

Votes: 8 5.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Yep, seems there was enough evidence to prove he was not guilty of rape. Perhaps those that have banged on about how he raped that girl etc etc can show a bit of humility now. There were those of us that said all along there were massive flaws in the case against Evans, the girl being able to walk fine, nowhere near drunk, able to walk out to reception to get a pizza for instance.

Probably bang in a couple of goals against us tomorrow now

Unfortunate turn of phrase there DWB?

Life and career wasted because of a silly slag crying rape. Lock her up
To be fair, she never actually reported rape, she just reported waking up in a hotel alone with no memory of anything and believing her drink had been spiked, Evans admitted to having had sex with her and the police/CPS made it a rape case.

With all the pressure he's been under finally released and a not guilty under his belt, he will looking to give us a good roasting

The case appeared to revolve around the fact that she initially didn't report a rape, but just a lost handbag and the police pieced together her movements with her and pressed for a rape charge.

I haven't followed the court transcripts, but the video evidence seemed patchy, at best.

There were those of us that said all along there were massive flaws in the case against Evans, the girl being able to walk fine, nowhere near drunk, able to walk out to reception to get a pizza for instance.

I know our defence is shaky, but I'd be surprised if she breaches it, in truth.

Seems his girlfriend offered £50K for new evidence, and up popped two former partners who revealed all. She's apparently a woman who likes sex (and there'd nothing shameful about that, and bandying terms about like "slut" and "slag" is pure misogyny, because remember, Evans cheated on his partner, but does he get called a male slag?) but the whole thing absolutely stinks and I am truly amazed that the Judges allowed a retrial.

Did he rape her - no, I don't think for one second he did as I said before, no one has come out of this with any dignity and in that I include the legal system as in my opinion (and of course I'm reading this though third party reporting) the original trial shouldn't have gone ahead.

Yep, seems there was enough evidence to prove he was not guilty of rape. Perhaps those that have banged on about how he raped that girl etc etc can show a bit of humility now. There were those of us that said all along there were massive flaws in the case against Evans, the girl being able to walk fine, nowhere near drunk, able to walk out to reception to get a pizza for instance.

This very much does not sum up the situation on any level. Various people on here were not happy with others deciding they could be judge and jury based on what they had read on the internet and in newspapers. You have an actual judge and jury for that so people wanted them to just do their job - which they have, twice. The change of verdict is because court cases are a judgement not a science and as a jury sits for days listening to all of the evidence and testimonies only they have heard everything there is available to hear.
Simple as that.
Anyone who following on from DWB's post was tempted to turn this into a joke should have their posts deleted IMO.

Wonder what Jess Ennis will have to say about this?

This very much does not sum up the situation on any level. Various people on here were not happy with others deciding they could be judge and jury based on what they had read on the internet and in newspapers. You have an actual judge and jury for that so people wanted them to just do their job - which they have, twice. The change of verdict is because court cases are a judgement not a science and as a jury sits for days listening to all of the evidence and testimonies only they have heard everything there is available to hear.
Simple as that.
Anyone who following on from DWB's post was tempted to turn this into a joke should have their posts deleted IMO.

yes you have, and they got it wrong first time round didn't they, sending an innocent man to jail. Shows that even if innocent, you are likely screwed because a bunch of 12 people from the public are asked to judge on something that in some cases can mean life in jail for someone

Not guilty is not the same as 'she lied'. Seems very hypocritical for people to say Evans shouldn't be locked up because there wasn't much evidence to now say she should be sentenced when there isn't much evidence she lied either. Like most rape cases the court can't tell with 100% certainty who's telling the truth (it could easily be both in a case like this where one party says she has memory loss) so not finding anyone guilty of anything is the only sensible thing to do.

Seems his girlfriend offered £50K for new evidence, and up popped two former partners who revealed all. She's apparently a woman who likes sex (and there'd nothing shameful about that, and bandying terms about like "slut" and "slag" is pure misogyny, because remember, Evans cheated on his partner, but does he get called a male slag?) but the whole thing absolutely stinks and I am truly amazed that the Judges allowed a retrial.

Did he rape her - no, I don't think for one second he did as I said before, no one has come out of this with any dignity and in that I include the legal system as in my opinion (and of course I'm reading this though third party reporting) the original trial shouldn't have gone ahead.

The word allowed is slightly confusing but I think I know what you are saying.

He may actually feel better that he has been found not guilty on a retrial after all he did have go through with a guilty verdict in court originally. Other wise when someone's conviction is quashed after time in prison there is always a stigma. A kind of "they got off on a technicality" feel about it.

Very pleased for him. A sordid and unsavoury affair all round, but I never believed he was guilty as charged.

So - Roots Hall tomorrow;

Will Evans 'get it' from the crowd? He's innocent, right?!

Still a target i reckon for some...

It would be interesting to run the poll again. Would you welcome Ched Evans to Roots Hall?
I would but only if we could offload a couple of strikers to Chesterfield in the process.

yes you have, and they got it wrong first time round didn't they, sending an innocent man to jail. Shows that even if innocent, you are likely screwed because a bunch of 12 people from the public are asked to judge on something that in some cases can mean life in jail for someone
We don't know if they got it wrong originally - it may just be a case of being presented with different evidence in the two trials.

Two people came forward with statements that gave a different context in the second trial that wasn't given in the first. And other differential evidence possibly given over the two trials - I don't know what was given or omitted from either trial as I wasn't present at either. The jury only have the available evidence and statements to work with.

Back