• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Get up about 8-ish, help Mum get the turkey in the oven (she always buys a ridiculously large turkey, about the 20lbs mark, way too much for 6 people...), have Christmas bread (strange tradition we picked up in Brazil - fried eggy bread rolled in cinnamon, nutmeg & sugar: absolutely delicious).

Then get showered and dressed, followed by cheesy photos by the tree and then, finally, opening of presents.  This ensues until lunch.  Crack open some bubbly, stuff ourselves silly with food, chuck all the pans in the dishwasher and then fall asleep in front of the telly.

In the evening... dunno really.  Xmas is on a Thursday this year so we probably won't do much, since it's the Islamic weekend and thus all the interesting stuff in Doha (e.g. the Souk) will be closing early that evening.  So probably more slobbing, maybe a game of Scrabble if we've got it, and then bed.

Very relaxing, low on achievement, high on self-indulgence.  Bloody marvellous!

biggrin.gif

Matt

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Leeboy @ Dec. 18 2003,15:41)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (steveh1510 @ Dec. 18 2003,15:34)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Leeboy @ Dec. 18 2003,15:25)]maybe
Any other strange tv programs you want?

Celebrity cheese dating?
now that's just weird Steve, get a grip.
From the guy who wants to see celebities giving hand jobs to rhinos?

[b said:
[b said:

Celebrity cheese dating?
Through the arsehole with Lloyd Grossman. You could guess the celebrity after a journey through their intestines and dietary habits. Johnny Vegas would be easy on account of the 3 KFC bargain buckets awaiting digestion in his guts.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Wessex Blue @ Dec. 18 2003,15:44)]Through the arsehole with Lloyd Grossman. You could guess the celebrity after a journey through their intestines and dietary habits. Johnny Vegas would be easy on account of the 3 KFC bargain buckets awaiting digestion in his guts.
and the 10 barrels of Guinness..............speaking of which, how's your guts Steve?
wink.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Leeboy @ Dec. 18 2003,15:46)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Wessex Blue @ Dec. 18 2003,15:44)]Through the arsehole with Lloyd Grossman. You could guess the celebrity after a journey through their intestines and dietary habits. Johnny Vegas would be easy on account of the 3 KFC bargain buckets awaiting digestion in his guts.
and the 10 barrels of Guinness..............speaking of which, how's your guts Steve?  
wink.gif
Stable, we're out of the danger zone and I think we're gonna pull through this.....

[b said:
Quote[/b] (steveh1510 @ Dec. 18 2003,15:43)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Leeboy @ Dec. 18 2003,15:41)]
[b said:
[b said:

Celebrity cheese dating?
now that's just weird Steve, get a grip.
From the guy who wants to see celebities giving hand jobs to rhinos?
*shudders*

Stephen! Not on the board please......

[b said:
Quote[/b] (steveh1510 @ Dec. 18 2003,15:49)]and the 10 barrels of Guinness..............speaking of which, how's your guts Steve?  
wink.gif
Stable, we're out of the danger zone and I think we're gonna pull through this.....[/QUOTE]
to quote the Star Wars Death Star battle, "Almost there, stay on target....."

Went round a friends house last week for dinner. He had all kinds on horrific N peg files from Kirsties extreme N pegs.
It damaged me I can tell you, I didn't realise what some people were capable of doing with a satsuma!
ghostface.gif

And the scat N peg, that was the worst, I'll never eat chocolate sponge and chocolate sauce again in my life!!
wow.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (steveh1510 @ Dec. 18 2003,15:55)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (new bloke @ Dec. 18 2003,15:54)]Hils anyone giving hand jobs to Rhinos would cover more than a board
tounge.gif
Surely it depends on the size of the rhino?
It'd probably cover your car windscreen! Still it'd be an impressive pop shot
tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Wessex Blue @ Dec. 18 2003,15:58)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (steveh1510 @ Dec. 18 2003,15:55)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (new bloke @ Dec. 18 2003,15:54)]Hils anyone giving hand jobs to Rhinos would cover more than a board
tounge.gif
Surely it depends on the size of the rhino?
It'd probably cover your car windscreen! Still it'd be an impressive pop shot  
tounge.gif
Don't be silly - you know I haven't got a car!

Mmm...Christmas, what will I do...

Up at 6 ish probably, followed by giving my brother a slap and telling him to go back to bed. Sleep on until about 8 or 9, and open some prezzies.

Downstairs for breakfast and sitting around, probably play on computer for a while, while the parents sort out dinner, turkey, spuds, carrots, parsnips, yorkshire puds, sausage in bacon etc etc.

After eating way to much, back to the front room for more prezzie opening(isn't christmas great!!!) and more sitting (sleeping if your my dad!!!) around for a couple of hours, until someone can be arsed to get up and sort out some sort of tea.

More sitting around.

Fall asleep!

Christmas Sorted!
tounge.gif

Well this year, I will get up about 8am, get my little girl breakfast whilst wife opens their stocking presents.

I will cook breakfast whilst swigging the first of many glasses of Champagne. Eat brekkie then open presents. In-laws will pop over, more presents to open, more champagne to be drunk.
cool.gif

Wife then drives us over to my parents, I will get on with cooking the dinner ably assisted by my sister . We will be sticking to a traditional English fayre - none of this imported Yankee cr*p, dinner will start with King Scallops with Ginger and Lime Butter washed down with a nice glass of Chablis then onto Roast Goose, served with a roast vegetable medley, caramelized apple rings, chestnuts accompanied by a bottle of Bourgogne Pinot Noir followed by Xmas Pud, mince pies and cream whilst quaffing Muscat.

Once the bird is underway and the vegetables are peeled, we will get down to opening the next load of pressies. My nieces' jobs will be to dish out the pressies to everyone. Eldest gets to dig the pressies out from under the tress whilst the youngest sorts them into piles.

Finish off the cooking with another glass of Champagne. Parents may have started their annual bottle of Sherry so depending on the Champagne front may be forced to join in on the Sherries.
cool.gif

Eat dinner, watch TV or some new dvds whilst wife and mother does the washing up. After all Chefs dont wash up.
wink.gif

Get the evening buffet ready. Play Cranium or try to teach them Kalookie. Wife drives us all home put crashed out daughter into cot then fall into bed satisfied of a good day was had.

Forgot to mention dinner. Turkey aint great so we've gone for Pork (with large dollops of apple sauce) and Beef. Yorkshire puddings will be made available as well these horrible potato things that get done.

As for pudding. Well a home made apple pie, profittoroles (excuse the spelling), Vienetta and im sure some people will have the X-mas pudding thing which taste 'orrible!!!!

Breakfast?! That'll be chocolate, i'd imagine ...

Tea!? Usually full up by then. If not more un-healthy stuff will be consumed ...

Will feel ill next day whilst on coach ...

laugh.gif

Kev

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Bob Cratchitt @ Dec. 19 2003,00:08)]We will be sticking to a traditional English fayre - none of this imported Yankee cr*p, dinner will start with King Scallops with Ginger and Lime Butter washed down with a nice glass of Chablis
Domestic ginger, limes and Chablis I take it?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Bob Cratchitt @ Dec. 19 2003,00:08)]Well this year, I will get up about 8am, get my little girl breakfast whilst wife opens their stocking presents.

I will cook breakfast whilst swigging the first of many glasses of Champagne. Eat brekkie then open presents. In-laws will pop over, more presents to open, more champagne to be drunk.
cool.gif

Wife then drives us over to my parents, I will get on with cooking the dinner ably assisted by my sister . We will be sticking to a traditional English fayre - none of this imported Yankee cr*p, dinner will start with King Scallops with Ginger and Lime Butter washed down with a nice glass of Chablis then onto  Roast Goose, served with a roast vegetable medley, caramelized apple rings, chestnuts accompanied by a bottle of Bourgogne Pinot Noir followed by Xmas Pud, mince pies and cream whilst quaffing Muscat.

Once the bird is underway and the vegetables are peeled, we will get down to opening the next load of pressies. My nieces' jobs will be to dish out the pressies to everyone. Eldest gets to dig the pressies out from under the tress whilst the youngest sorts them into piles.

Finish off the cooking with another glass of Champagne. Parents may have started their annual bottle of Sherry so depending on the Champagne front may be forced to join in on the Sherries.
cool.gif

Eat dinner, watch TV or some new dvds whilst wife and mother does the washing up. After all Chefs dont wash up.
wink.gif

Get the evening buffet ready. Play Cranium or try to teach them Kalookie. Wife drives us all home put crashed out daughter into cot then fall into bed satisfied of a good day was had.
You sound more like an egg chasing fan to me! Very suspicious behaviour!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You to good for a frozen turkey from Iceland, liebfraumilch, and a few cans of value lager from Tescos then!!!!!
Snob
tounge.gif
laugh.gif
rock.gif

Back