• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Clamping

Not really ludicrous, more common sense policing.

So two coppers, seeing the same incident, both having a different outcome. If you were the guy being talked to by the police and you got a ticket but knew that if the other copper had dealt with you, you would have been let of, how would you feel?

Indeed. How dare a policeman use his discretion.

As I replied to Chadded, if you were on the recieving end of a ticket when the other copper would have let you off, would you be happy?

Coppers seem to make the rules up as they go along, if they've woke up in a bad mood, the motorist will bear the brunt of it.

As I replied to Chadded, if you were on the recieving end of a ticket when the other copper would have let you off, would you be happy?

Coppers seem to make the rules up as they go along, if they've woke up in a bad mood, the motorist will bear the brunt of it.

I think its quite obvious

if you had broken the law, and one cop lets you off... you are lucky. If the other one gives you a ticket... well you broke the law, just be a man and take it. Dont go moaning cos someone else might have let you off... they dont have too.

As for Cricko, i remember the episode of watchdog and the feature in the Echo. A hineous bunch of bullies by all account. Should have sat in your car, called the press and your mates down. Bullies dont like being bullied remember.

I think its quite obvious

if you had broken the law, and one cop lets you off... you are lucky. If the other one gives you a ticket... well you broke the law, just be a man and take it. Dont go moaning cos someone else might have let you off... they dont have too.

As for Cricko, i remember the episode of watchdog and the feature in the Echo. A hineous bunch of bullies by all account. Should have sat in your car, called the press and your mates down. Bullies dont like being bullied remember.

Do you really think you need to have done anything wrong to get a ticket? Don't be so naive, coppers have their quotas to fill, we all know this and they will do anything to hit their quota.

Put it this way, a copper says you have done something and you say you haven't, who is a judge going to believe?

Just a quick note

having read a bit for you on the interweb, it is clear that company used to be called South East Clamping Ltd, but dissolved (with several unpaid CCjs i may add) in May 2010, and then re-started under the name South East Clamping & Associates later (august i think) that year. Might be worth just checking that they have updated their signs in the car park to account for the name change (which in a couple of cases i have seen they havent), as if the signs and the reciept have differnet company names, you could be on to something.

That said, since they dissolved a company with CCJs outstanding (how can you do that), i should imagine they dont give two pence about court orders, so the chances of reclaming your money look slim, even if you do have a case.

Pretty sure i read on here a while ago that if you stay below 60 on the A127 through the average speed cameras you dont get hit !!

No true i'm afraid ive just been done for average of 56 on the straight bit from Progress road to rayleigh wier :sad:

But isn't half of that 40 ? (Progress Road to St Michaels Road)

Do you really think you need to have done anything wrong to get a ticket? Don't be so naive, coppers have their quotas to fill, we all know this and they will do anything to hit their quota.

Put it this way, a copper says you have done something and you say you haven't, who is a judge going to believe?

Maybe i am being naive, but all these TV shows that people refer to (and i watch a lot of them for some unknown reason) the cars that are pulled over have always done something wrong. That is either no seatbelt, on the blower, over zealous tinting, break-light out, or the ANPR has pulled them for some reason. Generally speaking, you wont get pulled over if you havent done anything wrong.

Now generally, how you respond to the police might get you off a ticket or it might not, depending on their mood. But i will say this, if you want to avoid being pulled over, stick to the law. Im not saying i'm perfect and i always do. But for example, if i got pulled over for speeding, and i was speeding, its no-ones fault but my own.

Maybe i am being naive, but all these TV shows that people refer to (and i watch a lot of them for some unknown reason) the cars that are pulled over have always done something wrong. That is either no seatbelt, on the blower, over zealous tinting, break-light out, or the ANPR has pulled them for some reason. Generally speaking, you wont get pulled over if you havent done anything wrong.

Now generally, how you respond to the police might get you off a ticket or it might not, depending on their mood. But i will say this, if you want to avoid being pulled over, stick to the law. Im not saying i'm perfect and i always do. But for example, if i got pulled over for speeding, and i was speeding, its no-ones fault but my own.

Totally agree Dave and if someone has been speeding, they deserve all they get. I also agree that how you act with the police can help you.

No policeman is stupid enough to book anyone while being videoed for a TV show for no apparent reason, but I have seen cops be very antagonistic on these shows, prompting the motorist to get rather angry, be drawn into arguments and get nicked.

Just out of interest, what if you put this sign (or worded better) on your vehicle..

By Clamping this vehicle, you are clamping private property, and in doing so are agreeing to be charged £200 for the inconvience caused. You will also be charged an additional £100 for every 30 minutes after the initial 30 minutes that the clamp is applied until it is removed. You will also be charged £500 should we have to call an angle grinding service to remove your clamp. You are not allowed to clamp this vehicle 24 hours a day, 7 days a week (inc sundays and BH's).

Back