• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

CLUB SHOP - SEASON CARD DISCOUNT? Not any more..

I like the way the Club are trying to justify on the OS than it's better than the 10% off.

They say if you have 1,000 Team Card points you get £10 off the new shirt instead of £4 with 10% off. They forget to mention that its unlikely anyone has 1,000 points as well as how much money you have to spend to get 1,000 points - it's certainly more than £6!!

Oh wake up will ya!

Tell me how this is better than 10% off at the till? No really please, give me all the reasons as on line shopping isn't going to get you a free shirt now is it!?

Actually, I've just booked two holidays to the States with Expedia via the Teamcard page and the points that I've earned from the two transactions will, just about, buy me the new shirt.

Actually, I've just booked two holidays to the States with Expedia via the Teamcard page and the points that I've earned from the two transactions will, just about, buy me the new shirt.

So you have had to book a holiday just to get a shirt. Hardly rewarding is it!

SUFC are basing those numbers ie 5 points to a pound if you purchase in the club shop, but if you use your teamcard elsewhere to get points you will be lucky to get 2 points per pound, most of the traders offer 1 point per pound some offering 1 point per 2 pound.

So to get £10.00 discount, you would have to get 1000 points, so to get 1000 points at 99% of the retailers you would have to spend £2000

Thats a joke!!!

Back to buying tickets weekly for me.

I purchase 4 SUFC full kits home &away when they launch, the 10% saving paid for a ticket here and there, it aint greed, its the club taking away the only bonus of having a season seat, cos you dont save loads buying one compared to buying individual, and my £800 has been in bank of sufc since march, better off in my bank next season

Last edited:
So you have had to book a holiday just to get a shirt. Hardly rewarding is it!

Not quite sure whether irony is at play here or not! :unsure:

No, I booked the holidays to go on holiday: the shirt is a bonus - I would have been going on these holidays even if they didn't earn me a free shirt.

Not quite sure whether irony is at play here or not! :unsure:

No, I booked the holidays to go on holiday: the shirt is a bonus - I would have been going on these holidays even if they didn't earn me a free shirt.

I know that (!) but what I mean is that in order to gain £40 worth of teamcard points, you have to spend a lot of money whereas withthe old scheme, you got 10% taken off with NO strings attached and no outlay needed

I know that (!) but what I mean is that in order to gain £40 worth of teamcard points, you have to spend a lot of money whereas withthe old scheme, you got 10% taken off with NO strings attached and no outlay needed

Fair point, but I don't think that I've ever spent £400 in a season in the club shop - the amount I would have had to spend to save £40 with the old scheme.

Do you honestly think things like free travel to certain away games as giving little in return. Do you have any idea how much RM forked out on that for us in just last season alone.

How many Clubs offer discounts to STH for home friendlies though?

We offering free reserve team football at Roots Hall to STHs. I know its not the same, but some Clubs don't even offer that.

Is that true? I didn't know that.

(Obviously, it must be true otherwise you wouldn't have posted it. Just a turn of phrase!)

Yes it is, providing you show your ST on the gate I believe.

Couple of things to point out:-

1. The club tried charging for reserve team fixtures at Roots Hall but stopped mid-season. Probably because it was free for season ticket holders & they must have been taking only a few quid each game. So unless it changes again it will probably be free admission to reserve games for anyone.

2. Most of the 'free' or 'subsidised' coaches that RM provides are for cup games where the club get 45% of the gate receipts. So he may pay for the travel but gets a bit back from the ticket money. It's still very good of him to offer this from time to time, but more & more clubs offer cheap travel these days.

It just winds me up, that the club seem to take, take, take. And give little in return.

I get entertainment on the pitch, that's enough for me! Some people are want, want, want. Greedy b@stards.;)

Are you saying the club are 'want, want, want. Greedy b@stards.'

Or is a case of it takes one to know one!?

If XXXXL size was more expensive than a medium would you complain lol!

No, i don't mean the club and you know it! I mean the moaning supporters on here!

Tell me, would you want 10% off the holiday or a free shirt!!??

Like I state - WAKE UP!

Hmmm, why don't holiday package companies give away a free club shirt (of your choice) with every long haul family booking say???

What? Like they mispelt shirts!?!

Like I said; takes one to know one!

;)

If you had read my post's you'd have seen that i actually praised the shop for their apologetic manner and the way they actually dealt with the issue. At no point did i slag them off. If you had had your name spelt wrong would you have said nothing??

If you had read my post's you'd have seen that i actually praised the shop for their apologetic manner and the way they actually dealt with the issue. At no point did i slag them off. If you had had your name spelt wrong would you have said nothing??

So who is slagging anyone off then??????????????

Very strange thread.

If I buy 5 shirts at £40 each then that's £200 in total and rather than saving £20, I'm saving a £10. For a start, is this really such a massive problem that you would stop buying season tickets? For the money you are saving, you're losing the saving you would have made as well as your matchday discount.

Besides all that, I presumed everyone would be aware that the shirts (and most merchandise) cost a relative pittance to make and most of the mark-up is paid to the club as a premium. You're already effectively paying Southend United for nothing, why not a bit more?

Very strange thread.

If I buy 5 shirts at £40 each then that's £200 in total and rather than saving £20, I'm saving a £10. For a start, is this really such a massive problem that you would stop buying season tickets? For the money you are saving, you're losing the saving you would have made as well as your matchday discount.

Besides all that, I presumed everyone would be aware that the shirts (and most merchandise) cost a relative pittance to make and most of the mark-up is paid to the club as a premium. You're already effectively paying Southend United for nothing, why not a bit more?

Yep,

But instead of 10% off at the till along the way, you have to spend the £200 first.

I feel costs have risen all round at the club and families especially are pushed out - my beef I guess!

Back