• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

My word you are so full of faecal matter. It is you that needs to read with a balanced view. I have accepted and posted many areas where PB has changed things for the better this season and have not this term asked for his removal. It is not anti-PB to point out he still has a lot of areas to improve, particularly when his comments nearly always deflect any blame from him. Clearly you set yourself up as a footballing 'expert' with views so more important than my own. You are entitled to yours and I am entitled to mine.

As you know I have even liked some of your posts (Jack Payne as a striker etc) so I don't have favourite posters, the same as I don't have favourite players. I'll judge them on what they post or how they played for the 90 minutes, PB included. I'm quite happy to chew the fat with anyone, East stand, Spread Eagle, the car on a motorway to and from an away game and here on the Zone.

The people I don't like are the ones who have a thinly disguised agenda that leaks out in every thread. I will always ignore it most times but of course if they insist on hi-jacking every thread to remind us of their narrow minded view then I will ask them to back it up.

My other pet hate is people (not you) who use the most pointless stats to start an argument. It you need to use them as a back up I'm half OK with as long as they are not completely twisted. To use them as your only reference to a post is in my opinion rubbish.

More anti PB dross form your good self. Its bad enough when you do go to a game but you weren't even at Swindon.

One thing I would never do is post on the zone about a game I never attended. Yet you and the usual suspects post away about tactics, subs and who should be dropped etc. Fine if you have seen your 2 minutes of highlights and you don't think it was a penalty etc but keep it to that... no more.

What 'fluid' system would be best to defend a throw next to your own corner flag in first half injury time. 3-5-1, 4-4-2, 4-5-1. or perhaps the Christmas tree.

Personally my choice is to defend like a professional, Talk to the players in front of you, mark your own player and clear the ball to. a) the half way line.. b) row Z. As of course anyone who has ever played or watched a game of Football would think.

I did read your post, and highlighted YOUR own words. The Bentley comment was made AFTER WATCHING the goal on Sky, that he pushed straight to an attacker, that was my opinion, others have blamed the defenders for not reacting, fair enough, their opinion. Donna Summers, Hhmm, before you start name calling, take a look at yourself. Your coming across as some sort of high and mighty on here.

There you go I've highlighted the important bit you missed.

Of course you can comment on a goal because as I said that's part of the highlights. But even then we have some zoners giving opinions on seeing half a move which lead to the goal, like Swindon's third. When you try and politely correct them and explain for example that it was our throw and we were going for the win, which is why you can't see O'Neil there not interested because they have already decided that he's guilty.

I did not aim it to you personally when I said Donna Summers. Its a term I use for Radio Listeners including myself when I can't attend. I'm sure your old enough to get the joke

As you know I have even liked some of your posts (Jack Payne as a striker etc) so I don't have favourite posters, the same as I don't have favourite players. I'll judge them on what they post or how they played for the 90 minutes, PB included. I'm quite happy to chew the fat with anyone, East stand, Spread Eagle, the car on a motorway to and from an away game and here on the Zone.

The people I don't like are the ones who have a thinly disguised agenda that leaks out in every thread. I will always ignore it most times but of course if they insist on hi-jacking every thread to remind us of their narrow minded view then I will ask them to back it up.

My other pet hate is people (not you) who use the most pointless stats to start an argument. It you need to use them as a back up I'm half OK with as long as they are not completely twisted. To use them as your only reference to a post is in my opinion rubbish.
Harry Hill would be shouting FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT at you two:winking:

Harry Hill would be shouting FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT at you two:winking:

Lol, But which two? He's having a go at posters in general as well. His pet hates about certain posters. They shouldn't comment about this, they shouldn't comment when not at the game. It's just that me and onceknown have bit.

I wasn't at the Swindon game, but I still think it's a reasonable suggestion to play 3-5-2 when this weekend we only have recognised centre backs as defenders and a hatful of midfielders....

Funny how things turn out, isn't it?

Northampton were apparently after Prosser - so he could have been playing for them for this season and been at the top of the table instead of hardly getting a look in this season for Southend United. :sad:

unless he was "hardly getting a look in" at Northampton they'd be a million miles from the top of the table.

CyrilSneer;1822516[B said:
]I heard that Prosser threw his toys out of the pram after Saturday and didnt get on the coach,[/B] so not sure he will play either. Could be we play Michael Timlin left back as he did so a bit at Swindon. Its going to be a patched up side either way.

Didn't Mr Moshni do the same thing some time ago....that won't bode well for Pross, off to PB's naughty step if it's true :stunned:

I wasn't at the Swindon game, but I still think it's a reasonable suggestion to play 3-5-2 when this weekend we only have recognised centre backs as defenders and a hatful of midfielders....

I have just heard the choice is down to two but we will be getting a left back by the weekend. One of them most people will know.

We've got more chance of hiring Cheryl Cole, or whatever her name is this month?

It's funny on here that a thread about Coker's injury, can end up with Cheryl Cole. Anyway this could get messy(No, not Messi). If we sign her as left back, would she be Cheryl Fernandez-Versini, or after the divorce this year, Cheryl Cole, or Cheryl Tweedy?

Back