• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Collis lovers, reserve match shows that Tilson has got this one spot on!

wiggy

Darryl's Love Child
Looked what he is today, 2nd rate keeper, rooted to his line for crosses, all at sea twice when the ball was put through. Not much to do to be honest but looked suspect against reserve players, long way to go before he is Flav's class. New left winger put in some beautiful pacey crosses but not sure about his other play. Peggy was a star on the ball along the lines of Jay Smith so Tilly probably won't like him. As for route 1 Richards, can't believe we paid money for him as all he does is hoof it up front or in the stands, complete donkey. Hoops is in the wrong team as he needs service but never gets any, and Paynter tried hard but is probably only slightly better than Harrold!

Christ I agree with all of that - although I think you're being a bit harsh on Collis .

Glad you didn't slag Billy - he must be wondering when he's going to get a lucky break

Looked what he is today, 2nd rate keeper, rooted to his line for crosses, all at sea twice when the ball was put through. Not much to do to be honest but looked suspect against reserve players, long way to go before he is Flav's class...

And despite all that, he let in one goal that no goalkeeper would have had a chance getting to...

I can't agree with much of that at all - he communicated well with his defence, came off of his line to claim crosses and his one dodgy moment came when he did fly off of his line in the dying seconds, but the important thing is that it didn't lead to a goal.

If you're going to count chances that were created when players had been flagged offside, then it's not really a fair argument - from general play he looked as solid as Flahavan, and made some very decent low saves.

Christ I agree with all of that - although I think you're being a bit harsh on Collis .

Glad you didn't slag Billy - he must be wondering when he's going to get a lucky break

I don't think i am being harsh. If Flavs had got caught in no mans land twice and failed to come for anything in the air he would be slaughtered. Collis saves a penalty and all the mugs want to out argubally the best keeper we have had here for years, short keeper, short memories!

And despite all that, he let in one goal that no goalkeeper would have had a chance getting to...

I can't agree with much of that at all - he communicated well with his defence, came off of his line to claim crosses and his one dodgy moment came when he did fly off of his line in the dying seconds, but the important thing is that it didn't lead to a goal.

If you're going to count chances that were created when players had been flagged offside, then it's not really a fair argument - from general play he looked as solid as Flahavan, and made some very decent low saves.

Absolute cobblers, the keeper that made all the saves was up the other end, we play in blue!

Did seem a little harsh on Collis who I thought did ok for the 90 mins.

Richards though did over hit quite a few passes. He also seemed intent on destroying the East Stand, one crashed into the windows at the back of the stand and its a good job the hoardings were there at the front for another because any higher and it would have laid out some innocent members of the crowd!

So not everyone had a great game....if they did we would have nothing to moan about.

Did seem a little harsh on Collis who I thought did ok for the 90 mins.

Richards though did over hit quite a few passes. He also seemed intent on destroying the East Stand, one crashed into the windows at the back of the stand and its a good job the hoardings were there at the front for another because any higher and it would have laid out some innocent members of the crowd!

So not everyone had a great game....if they did we would have nothing to moan about.

Worrying times if Lipstick and Richards are back up for Calamity Clarke!

I was the chappy sitting on my own right by that, to the left. It was going straight for the mans face but the board was in the way, even I ducked. :cry: :cry:

Edit, and I don't agree with what wiggy is saying at all. I thought Collis had a good game. Still think he deserved a start against Leeds, but lets not live in the past, gotta move into the future.

Absolute cobblers, the keeper that made all the saves was up the other end, we play in blue!

So Collis didn't make any saves then? Just because he didn't have as much to do as the lad at the other end doesn't make him a worse goalkeeper.

For what it's worth, I think it's excellent that we actually have a position at the club where there is lively competition for places. I do think Collis should have kept his place in the side for Leeds on the basis of a fine performance against Cheltenham, including, as you so rightly point out, a penalty save, but that does not mean that I will immediately call for Flahavan to be dropped on the basis of his display at Elland Road. That said, it Flahavan continues to concede goals from free-kicks set up 25 yards from goal, then his place in the side cannot be guaranteed forever.

So Collis didn't make any saves then? Just because he didn't have as much to do as the lad at the other end doesn't make him a worse goalkeeper.

For what it's worth, I think it's excellent that we actually have a position at the club where there is lively competition for places. I do think Collis should have kept his place in the side for Leeds on the basis of a fine performance against Cheltenham, including, as you so rightly point out, a penalty save, but that does not mean that I will immediately call for Flahavan to be dropped on the basis of his display at Elland Road. That said, it Flahavan continues to concede goals from free-kicks set up 25 yards from goal, then his place in the side cannot be guaranteed forever.
I am not saying he is a worse keeper than the other lad, i'm just saying i don't recall him making any saves at all, just a couple of mis judgements!

I was the chappy sitting on my own right by that, to the left. It was going straight for the mans face but the board was in the way, even I ducked. :cry: :cry:

Edit, and I don't agree with what wiggy is saying at all. I thought Collis had a good game. Still think he deserved a start against Leeds, but lets not live in the past, gotta move into the future.

Did you find your hot food?

I don't think i am being harsh. If Flavs had got caught in no mans land twice and failed to come for anything in the air he would be slaughtered. Collis saves a penalty and all the mugs want to out argubally the best keeper we have had here for years, short keeper, short memories!

A little blunt for my liking, but agree with the point being made. Flavs is one of the best keepers we've had in a long time and to drop him would be a mistake. Collis - with one performance - has increased the pressure on Flavs, no doubt about that, but has there been a run of poor form from Darryl that warrants him to be benched? No, there hasn't. He consistently performs at a very high level, which makes Tilly's comments spot on.

Back