• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Cost of living increases

Quite a difference in petrol locally. 154 at Toomey Rochford, 157 Ashingdon Rd, 163 at the BPs in London Rd and West Street and it was 166 at asda when I drove past it in shoebury this morning!

Quite a difference in petrol locally. 154 at Toomey Rochford, 157 Ashingdon Rd, 163 at the BPs in London Rd and West Street and it was 166 at asda when I drove past it in shoebury this morning!
£160.9 at Tesco Extra near Thames Drive, i'll check again tomorrow. Surprised Asda's is the price it is, they were usually cheaper than everywhere else?.

£160.9 at Tesco Extra near Thames Drive, i'll check again tomorrow. Surprised Asda's is the price it is, they were usually cheaper than everywhere else?.
Yes T. Things have changed a bit ASDA and Jet were the cheapest for years. Then recently they were both passed by Toomeys. Jet have maintained their 2nd position, but ASDA have slipped right down, which is a surprise like you say.

£3.35 for a pint of Punk IPA in 'Spoons.

Amazing value.
I was in The Travellers Joy ( Hungry Horse ) in Rayleigh yesterday with a mate.
Pint of normal IPA & pint of Peroni ( with a lemonade top, not mine! ) was £8.90.
Not as cheap as Spoon's but cheaper than some pubs i could mention.

Mrs RHB is a serial wild bird feeder, normally she buys 12.75kg bags of seed from supermarkets or garden centres and pays anything from £7 to £14 dependent where she gets it. Yesterday she got a bag from B&Q, got home, emptied it in the big seed box, and then decided to check her receipt. For a 12.75g bag she paid £30. That will teach her to check prices at the time of purchase.

Mrs RHB is a serial wild bird feeder, normally she buys 12.75kg bags of seed from supermarkets or garden centres and pays anything from £7 to £14 dependent where she gets it. Yesterday she got a bag from B&Q, got home, emptied it in the big seed box, and then decided to check her receipt. For a 12.75g bag she paid £30. That will teach her to check prices at the time of purchase.
That sounds quite cheep to me.

Comparable with the situation in Latvia where bird seed is around 3 Euros a kilo. Inflation rate here is 22% so all prices have gone through the roof, even cat food. Good job there are plenty of mice in the garden.

Comparable with the situation in Latvia where bird seed is around 3 Euros a kilo. Inflation rate here is 22% so all prices have gone through the roof, even cat food. Good job there are plenty of mice in the garden.

Don't get me started on cat food. You could use to pick up whiskers for £3 on offer, 3.25/3.50.tops, now you are looking at 4.59 best price and never any deals! One local shop tried charging me 5.99 so laughed and walked out!

We always use the local pet shop for our seeds as we find them far better and even better if you take your own tub to put it in

While coming back thru South Oxfordshire stopped at the Beaconsfield Services, M40, petrol was£1.95 a litre and diesel over £2.
And cars were on the pumps!
Robbing feckers!
What a mark up, 30 p a litre hiked.
Thankfully we didn't need fuel.

I see Tesco meal deals are up over 10% and have gone up 40p. Tbh its still decent value at £3.40 as got one of the Xmas selections sarnies, a lovely Thorntons chocolate brownie slice thing and a coffee.

Back