• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Covid 19 Vaccinations

Will you be getting vaccinated against Covid 19?

• Yes

Votes: 38 69.1%
  • No

Votes: 4 7.3%
  • Waiting to see how it goes

Votes: 13 23.6%

• Total voters
There was a full scale mass vaccine programme halted in the US in 1976. You should look up the reasons why. Its still covered up today
It's not. I've said this before, it's one of the most scrutinised and studied failures of modern medicine, along with the thalidomide birth defects disaster.

Last edited:
It's not. I've said this before, it's one of the most scrutinise and studied failures of modern medicine, along with the thalidomide birth defects disaster.

Can you explain for us the side effects to that vaccine because it appears many people are totally unaware of why it had to stop.

According to that calculator there’s 18 million - 20 million folk ahead of me and I’ve an initial jab date end April - mid-May.
Anyone else?

Excuse me for asking, but what age are you?. I'm 63 & have no idea when my est time for the jab is.

Can you explain for us the side effects to that vaccine because it appears many people are totally unaware of why it had to stop.
I thought you were the expert on this?

It was stopped because a significant number of people who received it developed Guillain-Barre syndrome.

A vaccine was rushed into production but hadn't been tested for efficacy or safety. The US government rushed through a bill that provided indemnity for vaccine manufacturers, because of the demand from the government to develop the vaccine without proper testing/due process.

This is not what has happened with COVID, which has seen stringent testing of potential vaccines in 10s of thousands of individuals. Our ability to develop and test safe vaccines is much much better now than it was in the 1970s.

I thought you were the expert on this?

It was stopped because a significant number of people who received it developed Guillain-Barre syndrome.

A vaccine was rushed into production but hadn't been tested for efficacy or safety. The US government rushed through a bill that provided indemnity for vaccine manufacturers, because of the demand from the government to develop the vaccine without proper testing/due process.

This is not what has happened with COVID, which has seen stringent testing of potential vaccines in 10s of thousands of individuals. Our ability to develop and test safe vaccines is much much better now than it was in the 1970s.

Can you explain to us the signs and symptoms of that syndrome.

Can you explain to us the signs and symptoms of that syndrome.
What would you like to know?
My daughter got overwhelmed by it 20 years ago, very nearly fatal, and almost now a full recovery. She, despite being an ICU nurse can not have covid vaccine, which is a huge stress issue as she is working full time on a ward full of the worse case patients, too many of who die in great suffering and with huge anguish to family who are apart from them at the end.

You do know you could just look this up yourself and stop using SZ as your own personal Google service.

I thought it would be better coming from a real expert. Many on here look for your advice, well apart form football (don't take offence).

From my limited knowledge is that not the sme syndrome that many mothers claimed their babies developed with hours of the MMR jab.

I thought it would be better coming from a real expert. Many on here look for your advise, well apart form football (don't take offence).

From my limited knowledge is that not the sme syndrome that many mothers claimed their babies developed with hours of the MMR jab.
No evidence of an association between MMR and GBS has been found in several studies, although I've not done a careful review. GBS isn't flagged as a safety risk with the MMR vaccine.

As with everything, the concern about serious but very rare adverse events has to be balanced against the alternative, which is to run the risk of infection with COVID. As many have posted on here, it's no joke. I know a fit and healthy PE teacher who's yet to return to 5 full days a week at work, because of the post-viral syndrome/long COVID since being infected 2 months ago. He's not unusual, and we know that for older/high-risk people there is a significant hospitalisation and mortality risk with COVID, and I wouldn't wish death by COVID on anyone, it seems to be an awful and cruel way to go and everyone can play a part in saving lives by getting vaccinated when your time comes.

I thought it would be better coming from a real expert. Many on here look for your advice, well apart form football (don't take offence).

No

Yes, I should have said symptoms.
The first symptoms of GBS are tingling in the extremities, toes and fingers. That becomes numbness, then inability of movement which spreads as the nervous system shuts down.
Slow paralysis as white blood cells fail.
Not very pleasant and being a syndrome hard to diagnose, hard to treat, not infectious.

The first symptoms of GBS are tingling in the extremities, toes and fingers. That becomes numbness, then inability of movement which spreads as the nervous system shuts down.
Slow paralysis as white blood cells fail.
Not very pleasant and being a syndrome hard to diagnose, hard to treat, not infectious.

How or why does it occur?

Why? He doesn't have to answer, that's fine. But if he's saying he's not going to take it, then expect some people to ask why.

He stated his reasons behind it, just because you’re in the profession doesn’t mean everyone has to do what you say!

He stated his reasons behind it, just because you’re in the profession doesn’t mean everyone has to do what you say!
He didn't state his reason. He's perfectly entitled to ignore the question and perfectly entitled to skip being vaccinated.

How or why does it occur?
This a long way off topic but GBS is a very common bacteria type, 99.999% of people will have it and with a normal immune system the body will launch enough white blood cells to defeat it without the host knowing, as with many such virus or bacterial infections.
Others, for reasons known and unknown, often another health issue, succumb.
It is thought under cooked chicken from a bbq while we were in Egypt is where my girl contracted it but that is unprovable.

This a long way off topic but GBS is a very common bacteria type, 99.999% of people will have it and with a normal immune system the body will launch enough white blood cells to defeat it without the host knowing, as with many such virus or bacterial infections.
Others, for reasons known and unknown, often another health issue, succumb.
It is thought under cooked chicken from a bbq while we were in Egypt is where my girl contracted it but that is unprovable.

Glad to hear she made a recovery and good on the girl for her career. Thanks for her service. ?

Like some many health issues the answers are never clear.

Not that that i would be first in the queue but due to some historic bad reactions including allergy to certain medicine. I might not be able to have the vaccine but its to early to get any clear advice

Hey, if you are a anti- vaxer then just say it and leave it at that.

Back