• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

ncfc1

is there any chance of him playing for you tomorrow?. He was quite a legend down here, albeit in the non-league, but I can honestly say that 99.9% of Newport fans were gutted when he was sold on to Stevenage. Whatever he will get a great reception from all county fans tomorrow. Some on our forum would love him to come back but it would be doubtful he'd be 1st striker on our teamsheet, with Washington zebroski, jolley, crow and O'Connor already fighting for the 2 starting places, but a cracking player nevertheless.

He hasn't exactly set the world on fire down here! You see him in the warm ups and he knows how to bury a chance, clearly doesn't impress in training though as he's always on the bench and lucky to come on!

is there any chance of him playing for you tomorrow?. He was quite a legend down here, albeit in the non-league, but I can honestly say that 99.9% of Newport fans were gutted when he was sold on to Stevenage. Whatever he will get a great reception from all county fans tomorrow. Some on our forum would love him to come back but it would be doubtful he'd be 1st striker on our teamsheet, with Washington zebroski, jolley, crow and O'Connor already fighting for the 2 starting places, but I cracking player nevertheless.

We've got a player called Craig Reid , but doesn't sound like the guy you describe...................

He has Barry Corr and Freddy Eastwood ahead of him and both are fan favourites, so highly doubt he will start.

Has done well in the reserve friendlies, but not had much chances in matches. Saw him against Wycombe (off the bench) and Dagenham (started) and he didn't have many chances.

Hasn't made the squad for the last 2 games through injury. He certainly won't start but could make the bench as we'll be light on numbers due to 2 suspensions.

like I said in the conference for us, but I don't think he done too bad at Stevenage? Anyway will definitely get a great reception from all county fans. Obviously the step up to league footy was a bit too much for him pal by the sound of it then!

6 league goals in 24 starts at Stevenage, but got 11 in 29 starts at Aldershot last season which isn't bad for a team that got relegated.

I've actually felt a bit sorry for him as he's only made 2 starts for us. One in the Capital One Cup and one in the JPT and he's been up front on his own in both games which has left him very isolated.

Someone posted on another thread earlier about Justin Edinburgh, he is regarded as a hero down here in Newport. How one man has transformed a team in such a short space of time is nothing short of a miracle. Every time a manager gets sacked this season so far, I honestly get worried, but I know one day a big club will come in for him and will definitely manage in the premiership one day with his man management skills. Hope you give him a warm reception tomorrow btw:clap:

Reminds me a bit of Benyon, not enough pace to trouble tired defences as a late sub and not good enough in the air to hold the ball up etc. Really needs chances fed to his feet. One of those players who needs games to get his sharpness up but isnt getting the games. Maybe send out on loan?

Saw him play in both the Capital One Cup and the JPT against Daggers, thought he was dire in both.

Reminds me a bit of Benyon, not enough pace to trouble tired defences as a late sub and not good enough in the air to hold the ball up etc. Really needs chances fed to his feet. One of those players who needs games to get his sharpness up but isnt getting the games. Maybe send out on loan?

I suggested this about Timlin about 4/5 weeks back and i agree the same needs to be done with Reid!

Someone posted on another thread earlier about Justin Edinburgh, he is regarded as a hero down here in Newport. How one man has transformed a team in such a short space of time is nothing short of a miracle. Every time a manager gets sacked this season so far, I honestly get worried, but I know one day a big club will come in for him and will definitely manage in the premiership one day with his man management skills. Hope you give him a warm reception tomorrow btw:clap:

I'm sure he'll get a great reception. He was a good player for us and nobody could blame him for going to Spurs. Who wouldn't ?

Nice one, and of course you couldn't blame him going to spurs, similar well a little as craig reid leaving a conference south club to play in league 1 with Stevenage! I'm just glad hes not starting for you tomorrow, because I bet he would be the match winner:stunned:

We haven't really seen much of Reid in the 1st team to make a judgement. Corr and Freddy Eastwood are def no.1, and we've got a young lad on loan at the moment. When he goes back, Reidy might get his chance.

I just wish we had as many options up front as you have ncfc1 you really are spoilt for choice. Craig may well get his chance tomorrow as we are suffering with injuries and suspensions.

Thanks for your input on this and other threads ncfc1 useful info mate.

I believe he signed a 1 year deal in Aug 13. Good old Wikipedia !!

Was that for a fee SK or on a free? when he signed for Stevenage it was undisclosed but rumours I've heard is we had £250k for him, how true that is I wouldn't know, but he was/is a top player, but getting in the side with a class act like eastwood is going to be tough for him IMHO

Back