• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Dagenham & Redbridge 2-0 Southend United - The Buildbase FA Trophy

What a load of rubbish.

Richard Cadette, Ricky Otto, Craig Easton and Jason Demitriou all played for Orient before us. In fact, Cadette made his debut for us against Orient and scored 4 goals!

John White, Mark Warren, Ben Coker, Sean Clohessy, Roy McDonough, Tony Hadley, Owen Simpson and Mario Walsh all played for Colchester before us and not only that, joined us from them!

Gavin Tomlin, Ryan Hall, Ben Reeves and Rhys Murphy all played for Dagenham before us as did Darren Currie before he joined the management set up (or doesn't that count?). Don't forget, Kevin Maher finished his playing career there.

If you seriously believe there is some hidden agenda with former players of rival clubs, then you need your head examined.
Some good players there that has served us well.

The person who sits in the home section when Southend plays away and causes problems and constantly spouting negative comments to our players just because they played for so called rivals previously is not a fan
I stood in the home section once (well actually twice - Qpr in the championship too) in my many decades supporting this club. I've invested time, money and effort. Do you think I go to games wanting to lose? Do you think I've enjoyed our collapse? Just because some of the misery supporting this club in recent years has rubbed off on me does that mean I'm not a fan? Ludicrous

What a load of rubbish.

Richard Cadette, Ricky Otto, Craig Easton and Jason Demitriou all played for Orient before us. In fact, Cadette made his debut for us against Orient and scored 4 goals!

John White, Mark Warren, Ben Coker, Sean Clohessy, Roy McDonough, Tony Hadley, Owen Simpson and Mario Walsh all played for Colchester before us and not only that, joined us from them!

Gavin Tomlin, Ryan Hall, Ben Reeves and Rhys Murphy all played for Dagenham before us as did Darren Currie before he joined the management set up (or doesn't that count?). Don't forget, Kevin Maher finished his playing career there.

If you seriously believe there is some hidden agenda with former players of rival clubs, then you need your head examined.
Didn't say there's a hidden agenda I just don't like it.

What a load of rubbish.

No to mention John Still, I thought the Daggers fans slagging him off before kick off a bit unnesessary, After all he has done for the club in the past

What a load of rubbish.

Tony Hadley is a local boy and played for us before Colchester.

Didn't say there's a hidden agenda I just don't like it.
I'm talking about this hidden agenda, quotes from you on earlier threads.

Just our rivals. Dagenham, Colchester, Orient etc. They could have auterior motives. One wrong move from Ogogo and he's done.
I'm being deadly serious. I'm not gonna go as far as saying he's a double agent but I do believe his love for them is more than his love for us. That might lead to some awkward situations where he might show loyalty to them over us, that's all I'm saying.

I'm talking about this hidden agenda, quotes from you on earlier threads.
And one of the very things you've quoted in your strange 'Gotcha!' attempt is "I'm not gonna go as far as saying he's a double agent" as well as language like 'could', 'might'. So once again I haven't said there's a hidden agenda just that I don't like us having players whose love for our rivals exceeds their love for us

And one of the very things you've quoted in your strange 'Gotcha!' attempt is "I'm not gonna go as far as saying he's a double agent" as well as language like 'could', 'might'. So once again I haven't said there's a hidden agenda just that I don't like us having players whose love for our rivals exceeds their love for us
You do realise the absurdity of that last sentence, don't you? It might be something that could be argued if Southend were the only club who ever bought players. But players change clubs all the time. How do you ever keep track of who loves who more?

I can't be bothered to search the boards again for one of your previous posts where you have said that players who are with Dagenham are conditioned to hate Southend. No they are not. That is just absolutely 100% false. They are conditioned to try and win games for Dagenham regardless of who the opposition is.

It must work both ways though, yes? Players of ours are therefore conditioned to hate Colchester, Orient and Dagenham? Or is it only our rivals that are that small minded and bigoted?

Using your logic, players we have sold to rival clubs would be more likely to score an own goal when playing us than the more usual scenario of being the architects of our downfall!

Are you attending the Stan Collymore evening? If so, please, please ask Stan if that scenario happens in the pro game.

Anyone on here who's going... if it happens, please film the answer. It will go viral.

You do realise the absurdity of that last sentence, don't you? It might be something that could be argued if Southend were the only club who ever bought players. But players change clubs all the time. How do you ever keep track of who loves who more?

I can't be bothered to search the boards again for one of your previous posts where you have said that players who are with Dagenham are conditioned to hate Southend. No they are not. That is just absolutely 100% false. They are conditioned to try and win games for Dagenham regardless of who the opposition is.

It must work both ways though, yes? Players of ours are therefore conditioned to hate Colchester, Orient and Dagenham? Or is it only our rivals that are that small minded and bigoted?

Using your logic, players we have sold to rival clubs would be more likely to score an own goal when playing us than the more usual scenario of being the architects of our downfall!

Are you attending the Stan Collymore evening? If so, please, please ask Stan if that scenario happens in the pro game.

Anyone on here who's going... if it happens, please film the answer. It will go viral.
Regrettably I'm not at the meeting as I have family commitments but I trust he'll come across passionate as always. Feel free to ask the question on my behalf.

Coulson did not miss two chances. The first corner was an out swinger rather than the more effective Brunt in swinger.
From where Coulson and the others started their runs from it was obviously meant to be nearer the goal. Coulson had to step out and did well just get something on it.

The free kick was a better delivery and once again Coulson lost his man but a good header was cleared off the line. Thats good defending not a miss.

The first goal Ferguson had no interest and Hobson was late to mark up. Which is why their lad got in front of him. Still a very good delivery from that close so it meant no time to react.

I doubt you see them or chose to ignore but Coulson did plenty of other no nonsense work organising or clearing up Dagenham clearances etc.

Still you have to slag someone every game so why not Coulson. Especially if you decided that the moment the teams were announced.

Same for some people about Matt Rush. We could have been 2-0 up within 30 mins as a direct result of his play. The fact that others didn't take their chance is not Matts fault. Even worse it doesn't mean you close your academy.
Coulson did not miss two chances. The first corner was an out swinger rather than the more effective Brunt in swinger.
From where Coulson and the others started their runs from it was obviously meant to be nearer the goal. Coulson had to step out and did well just get something on it.

The free kick was a better delivery and once again Coulson lost his man but a good header was cleared off the line. Thats good defending not a miss.

The first goal Ferguson had no interest and Hobson was late to mark up. Which is why their lad got in front of him. Still a very good delivery from that close so it meant no time to react.

I doubt you see them or chose to ignore but Coulson did plenty of other no nonsense work organising or clearing up Dagenham clearances etc.

Still you have to slag someone every game so why not Coulson. Especially if you decided that the moment the teams were announced.

Same for some people about Matt Rush. We could have been 2-0 up within 30 mins as a direct result of his play. The fact that others didn't take their chance is not Matts fault. Even worse it doesn't mean you close your academy.
Well said Rigsby. Coulson didn't have a bad game, yes he is slow and missed a header on goal. If he was playing alongside Lopata then things could have been better.

I've seen lots of unsupportive fans on here slagging Matt Rush saying he is not good enough. Saturday was his first start of the season, he hadn't even had 45 minutes before then. Pressure was on him to perform and from what I see he done well. Like you say, provided most of our attacking threat in the first half. Match fitness will be poor as he has only had a few 20 mins prior, which most people know it's difficult to hit the ground running in that time and get into the game, let alone have a major positive impact. Dennis was more fortunate, took his chance well and then started the following games, builds confidence, scores more and improves his match fitness.

I would say Rush played with much more hunger and threat than Dalby and Dennis in the first half and was one of, if not, our best player. There was not much of a lightweight element to Rush's play, yes he quite small in stature but he does jump and win headers that you would only expect taller players to. If the team created more from midfield for the front three I think we could have got the first goal.

In summary Rush didn't look out of place against one of the better teams in the National League. I don't think he has played 90 mins in 3 years. Hoping he gets more minutes going forward, and gets up to match fitness. Murphy is getting old, Dennis wont be here for long like Brunt.

There is one reason why Rush has been around the first team for a while now.. that is because He IS good enough! Without a run of games or being match fit, it's incredibly hard to prove your worth.

If Murphy was playing he would need 5 chances to hopefully bury one. We didn't have that many chances in the game.

Well said Rigsby. Coulson didn't have a bad game, yes he is slow and missed a header on goal. If he was playing alongside Lopata then things could have been better.

I've seen lots of unsupportive fans on here slagging Matt Rush saying he is not good enough. Saturday was his first start of the season, he hadn't even had 45 minutes before then. Pressure was on him to perform and from what I see he done well. Like you say, provided most of our attacking threat in the first half. Match fitness will be poor as he has only had a few 20 mins prior, which most people know it's difficult to hit the ground running in that time and get into the game, let alone have a major positive impact. Dennis was more fortunate, took his chance well and then started the following games, builds confidence, scores more and improves his match fitness.

I would say Rush played with much more hunger and threat than Dalby and Dennis in the first half and was one of, if not, our best player. There was not much of a lightweight element to Rush's play, yes he quite small in stature but he does jump and win headers that you would only expect taller players to. If the team created more from midfield for the front three I think we could have got the first goal.

In summary Rush didn't look out of place against one of the better teams in the National League. I don't think he has played 90 mins in 3 years. Hoping he gets more minutes going forward, and gets up to match fitness. Murphy is getting old, Dennis wont be here for long like Brunt.

There is one reason why Rush has been around the first team for a while now.. that is because He IS good enough! Without a run of games or being match fit, it's incredibly hard to prove your worth.

If Murphy was playing he would need 5 chances to hopefully bury one. We didn't have that many chances in the game.

You do love robust language, eh, Riggers?
'Slag'? 'Every game'? Factually wrong, but why check the facts?
BTW, dictionary definition of 'slag' is 'abusive and insulting manner'.
Am assuming you're winding one up as ever, but find me ONE post where I have been either to any Southend player. Note, slag as opposed to criticism.
The header cleared off the line didn't go in. Therefore, it wasn't a goal, and was...Go on, say it - you know you want to, lol.
I already said Coulson had an 'OK game', but you surpassed yourself with your new found skill: mind reading.
Deciding to 'slag off' JC even before the kick-off? How did you know? It must have been writ large on my face.

Damn! Must practice that poker stare a bit harder.

Is not mind reading or seeing it on your face. Anyone can read your previous posts and know you don't criticise, you slag..... You slag players as per your own dictionary definition. There is no balance in your posts

You do it during match threads so you are either not watching or your a 'Donna Summer. What with a couple of trolls spoiling threads and getting away with it months, we end up with less match reports from people whop were actually there. So any meaningful debate becomes lost against the narrow minded "I don't like this player so he must have played bad" brigade.

Your right Jimmy. Matt was the best player on the park first 45.....At least he has some fans in Narm.

Doubt it will be shown on the highlights but he put a great low cross into the near post. If Dennis had shown a bit more striker instinct it would have been a very similar goal as their second.

So when you see yet another thread on why we need another striker at least me and you wont be slagging young Mr Rush.

I was at Orient when Charlie K scored that late winner in the youth cup. Whilst everyone was talking Charlie, I had a chat with Dave Hussey. I told him how impressed I was with Matt. He had less meat on him back then but showed a really good attitude. Unlike our first team forwards at the time he made life difficult even if he couldn't win a header etc.

I could tell the coaches liked him as a person and the all round package. Even with lots of promise it seems many fans don't know how difficult it is to make that final step up to first team level. So good luck to both of you, ignore social media and remember the silenced majority have your back.

Your right Jimmy. Matt was the best player on the park first 45.....At least he has some fans in Narm.

Doubt it will be shown on the highlights but he put a great low cross into the near post. If Dennis had shown a bit more striker instinct it would have been a very similar goal as their second.

So when you see yet another thread on why we need another striker at least me and you wont be slagging young Mr Rush.

I was at Orient when Charlie K scored that late winner in the youth cup. Whilst everyone was talking Charlie, I had a chat with Dave Hussey. I told him how impressed I was with Matt. He had less meat on him back then but showed a really good attitude. Unlike our first team forwards at the time he made life difficult even if he couldn't win a header etc.

I could tell the coaches liked him as a person and the all round package. Even with lots of promise it seems many fans don't know how difficult it is to make that final step up to first team level. So good luck to both of you, ignore social media and remember the silenced majority have your back.
For me it's all about judging a player on what he does on the pitch. We can all make fair judgement on those players who play week in week out. It would be wise to reserve judgement on those who have not been given that platform. Each to their own, let's all remember football is a team game and even a big name like Rhys Murphy, doesn't guarantee results and performances single handedly. Mid table finish is well within our grasp, let's push on and build on our recent progress.

What a load of rubbish.

And Mark Bentley!

Is not mind reading or seeing it on your face. Anyone can read your previous posts and know you don't criticise, you slag..... You slag players as per your own dictionary definition. There is no balance in your posts

You do it during match threads so you are either not watching or your a 'Donna Summer. What with a couple of trolls spoiling threads and getting away with it months, we end up with less match reports from people whop were actually there. So any meaningful debate becomes lost against the narrow minded "I don't like this player so he must have played bad" brigade.
You must be having a tough day.
This will soon become yes I did, no you didn't, eh?
All the same, I invite you to scroll back through my last 300 posts as I have just done, and find any evidence of so-called 'slagging'.
I'm not sure what you mean by a Donna Summer, and I guess only you know what 'people whop' means? A 'P' added by mistake, I think.
But I object to the aggressive vitriol you spit out on a keyboard.
We can disagree about a player's worth, but that personal attack thing?
Time for the mods to remind you the rules of debate and opinion.

Last edited:
Back