• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Dale farm evictions "may breach human rights"

I noted in the local press this week that they're talking of implementing a temporary 50 mph on the Arterial along that stretch, while the evictions are going on.

I noted in the local press this week that they're talking of implementing a temporary 50 mph on the Arterial along that stretch, while the evictions are going on.

That's because the caravans will be churned out and will be going slowly. Personally, I'd go in with a bulldozer and bring the illegal sites to the ground

In an odd way it may improve traffic flow as as the stretch leading up to it is only 50 , and thats a heck fo a lot better then it used to be.

In an odd way it may improve traffic flow as as the stretch leading up to it is only 50 , and thats a heck fo a lot better then it used to be.

The 50 MPH limit is shockingly bad. At least with the 70 MPH limit, cars doing 50 and 60 on the inside lane can be overtaken on the outside lane, especially before junctions. On the 50 MPH stretch, it's a nightmare, both lanes doing 50 MPH, there's no overtaking and pulling in opportunity, and some drivers stick to 50 in the fast lane when there is no traffic on the inside lane at all

The 50 MPH limit is shockingly bad. At least with the 70 MPH limit, cars doing 50 and 60 on the inside lane can be overtaken on the outside lane, especially before junctions. On the 50 MPH stretch, it's a nightmare, both lanes doing 50 MPH, there's no overtaking and pulling in opportunity, and some drivers stick to 50 in the fast lane when there is no traffic on the inside lane at all
Thats because as the police once explained to me its not a fast lane and you can do up to 3mp extra to over take . Also all lanes flow now where as before they didnt .

Thats because as the police once explained to me its not a fast lane and you can do up to 3mp extra to over take . Also all lanes flow now where as before they didnt .

Do you know how long it will take to overtake at 3 mph more than the car on the inside lane? Bloody ages

As for the flowing of lanes, the Progress Rd junction doesn't seem to back up so much in rush hour anymore, tho that may be more to do with the new layout there.

Do you know how long it will take to overtake at 3 mph more than the car on the inside lane? Bloody ages

As for the flowing of lanes, the Progress Rd junction doesn't seem to back up so much in rush hour anymore, tho that may be more to do with the new layout there.
Combination i suspect . Yes i know but they don't going to tell me to floor it are they ;)

The 50mph limit is to increase flow rate.

More cars will pass through a stretch if everyone is doing 50mph rather than a distribution between 50mph and 80mph.

um..this is not right wing?:omg:

Is it Right Wing? Or is it a summary of what gypo's spend most of their life doing. Hand on heart, can you really say that Gypo's live within the law?

It's a fact that police do not like entering a gypsy site. It's a fact that gypsies are lawless.

It's also true to say it is not an 'illegal site'. The land is owned by some of the travellers and over 50 of the plots are perfectly legal. Rather than just evicting the ones parked illegally, however, they are all being evicted. Though it has to be said that part of Basildon is probably a bit too downmarket even for them so it will surely come as a relief and a step up to be out on their backsides.

It's also true to say it is not an 'illegal site'. The land is owned by some of the travellers and over 50 of the plots are perfectly legal. Rather than just evicting the ones parked illegally, however, they are all being evicted. Though it has to be said that part of Basildon is probably ait too downmarket even for them so it will surely come as a relief and a step up to be out on their backsides.
That's not correct. Only the illegal people are being moved on.

So when they steal your car, or stab your partner cos he looked at them wrong, you will be fine about it? Facts are facts, Gypsies are trouble. No road tax, no insurance, no MOT, yet they aren't touched.
No, you're generalising...AGAIN. I've said several times on here that true gypsies are no problem, the people you are labelling are NOT gypsies. If you're going to go off on one then please make sure your target is correct.

So who are being evicted?
TRAVELLERS....not Gypsies! :dizzy: For goodness sake, too many people are painted as being Gypsies when they clearly are not. These people have always claimed to be travellers!!! So, bloody go and travel!!!

Back