• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Dale farm evictions "may breach human rights"

I'm moving to Wickford today... They're gonna be my new neighbours!

Apparently A127 from Billericay to Wickford is going to be no stop zone from 1st Sept and several roads are Dale Farm will be shut to stop more supporters arriving.

I'm moving to Wickford today... They're gonna be my new neighbours!

Apparently A127 from Billericay to Wickford is going to be no stop zone from 1st Sept and several roads are Dale Farm will be shut to stop more supporters arriving.

Thats ok groyney has got a bike.

So when they steal your car, or stab your partner cos he looked at them wrong, you will be fine about it? Facts are facts, Gypsies are trouble. No road tax, no insurance, no MOT, yet they aren't touched.

Why do I get the impression that you're an unemployed teenager, who sits around at home too much in front of the computer?

TRAVELLERS....not Gypsies! :dizzy: For goodness sake, too many people are painted as being Gypsies when they clearly are not. These people have always claimed to be travellers!!! So, bloody go and travel!!!

Sorry, I should have said Traveller's from the start. My mistake

No, you're generalising...AGAIN. I've said several times on here that true gypsies are no problem, the people you are labelling are NOT gypsies. If you're going to go off on one then please make sure your target is correct.

Much like I generalise when I say women who have hit the menopause turn into moaners...It's not all women, just the odd one :winking:

Much like I generalise when I say women who have hit the menopause turn into moaners...It's not all women, just the odd one :winking:
Don't think that has anything to do with menopause, women just find plenty of things to moan about because men seem to float around in a little world that doesn't see stuff that needs doing....GENERALLY, of course! :raspberry: And this is now WAY off topic!

Just my pennyworth. The matter has been discussed ad nauseam and been through every court in the land and the judgement is that they should be evicted. The authorities need to do it as soon as possible. If Vanessa Redgrave turns up they can and must use "maximum prejudice" as the Yanks would say. No human rights have been breached. Their children are not being removed, it is not disrupting their right to family life and the matter has been thoroughly examined in the judicial system.
Incidentally in failing to act at the beginning as they should have done the Labour party has hardly covered itself in glory.
Just an aside. I was getting my hair cur some months ago and was chatting to the barber about things as you do. We both lived under the flight path of Southend airport as kids and started off by moaning at the moaners who thought their lives would be disrupted by the new runway. We remembered the Carviars which you knew were coming about 5 minutes before they arrived because the windows in the house would rattle and then the TV would go on the blink. These mothers were about 100 foot off the ground when they flew over our house. We used to wave at the pilots. You could almost see what they had for breakfast. Anyway we started talking for some reason about Airbourne Industries which made barrage balloons in the war. There was a friend of the barber in the shop and he piped up by saying that's near where his grandmother had her caravan.
There then followed a long discussion about the gypsies of Leigh. They lived in what they called Bohemia in Leigh. Most had built brick bungalows by the 50s and lived along what is now Bohemia Chase (that's why it's called that) and Woodcutters Avenue. A lot of the gypsy kids went to Fairways and I knew a lot of them so we had a chat about them and where they now were. Most were still in the town all living in houses as they had anyway as kids.A fair number of the by now settled gypsies worked as labourers building the houses along the Fairway in the 1960s. One family the Meachams who ran a turfing business had quads. I cannot recall any prejuduce against the gypsies at that time at all either within the school or outside. If you look at the aerial view pf Woodcutters Avenue you can still see some of the old caravan plots as they are very long and very narrow.
Anyway this chap was clearly very proud of his heritage and said, "we were all good Romany gypsies.......................not like that lot at Dale farm".

Why do I get the impression that you're an unemployed teenager, who sits around at home too much in front of the computer?

Bloody hell BarnaBore, why do you have to be so judgmental when it comes to the people who post on here? You posted a few days ago that i think im superior to everyone (No not everyone, just you) and now DWB is an unemployed teenager. So effing what, whats it got to do with you who or what people are on here?

There was a friend of the barber in the shop and he piped up by saying that's near where his grandmother had her caravan.
There then followed a long discussion about the gypsies of Leigh. They lived in what they called Bohemia in Leigh. Most had built brick bungalows by the 50s and lived along what is now Bohemia Chase (that's why it's called that) and Woodcutters Avenue. A lot of the gypsy kids went to Fairways and I knew a lot of them so we had a chat about them and where they now were. Most were still in the town all living in houses as they had anyway as kids.A fair number of the by now settled gypsies worked as labourers building the houses along the Fairway in the 1960s. One family the Meachams who ran a turfing business had quads. I cannot recall any prejuduce against the gypsies at that time at all either within the school or outside. If you look at the aerial view pf Woodcutters Avenue you can still see some of the old caravan plots as they are very long and very narrow.
Anyway this chap was clearly very proud of his heritage and said, "we were all good Romany gypsies.......................not like that lot at Dale farm".

Great stuff. I had wondered about that area in Bohemia Chase as I had a mate who lived there and I used to do paper rounds over that way - around Wood Farm Close and down The Fairway. I never knew the history before, so this helps to put a few things in context for me. Cheers. :thumbsup:

Thats because as the police once explained to me its not a fast lane and you can do up to 3mp extra to over take . Also all lanes flow now where as before they didnt .

Not quite true Osy, as DWB points out if you are approaching say the A130 from London in the outside lane at peak times, there can often be limited opportunities to change lane to turn off, so people squeeze in and whack the brakes on, which just backs the traffic on the inside lane up.
It would work fine if there were no junctions.

Bloody hell BarnaBore, why do you have to be so judgmental when it comes to the people who post on here? You posted a few days ago that i think im superior to everyone (No not everyone, just you) and now DWB is an unemployed teenager. So effing what, whats it got to do with you who or what people are on here?

I got it wrong with DWB(though I knew he was in front of a computer all day) but I got it right about you.You win some,you lose some.:smiles:

Just my pennyworth. The matter has been discussed ad nauseam and been through every court in the land and the judgement is that they should be evicted. The authorities need to do it as soon as possible. If Vanessa Redgrave turns up they can and must use "maximum prejudice" as the Yanks would say. No human rights have been breached. Their children are not being removed, it is not disrupting their right to family life and the matter has been thoroughly examined in the judicial system.
Incidentally in failing to act at the beginning as they should have done the Labour party has hardly covered itself in glory.
Just an aside. I was getting my hair cur some months ago and was chatting to the barber about things as you do. We both lived under the flight path of Southend airport as kids and started off by moaning at the moaners who thought their lives would be disrupted by the new runway. We remembered the Carviars which you knew were coming about 5 minutes before they arrived because the windows in the house would rattle and then the TV would go on the blink. These mothers were about 100 foot off the ground when they flew over our house. We used to wave at the pilots. You could almost see what they had for breakfast. Anyway we started talking for some reason about Airbourne Industries which made barrage balloons in the war. There was a friend of the barber in the shop and he piped up by saying that's near where his grandmother had her caravan.

The Romany gypsies lived around the Woodcutters area as you mentioned, with a few ending up in council houses in Stonehill Road. The other half lived in the Rochford area. These are a different breed of gypsies. They tended to be tough, but only with each other or when started on. A lot used to drink in the Anne Boleyn many years ago. They tended to earn their money legally with labouring or building jobs or such like. This other lot that are known as travellers or pikeys tend to play the system more, regarding benefits and switching names. They are more known for metal theft, Plant hire theft, Red Diesel theft, petrol theft, roofing, pathway, garden and driveway scams, and flytipping.

Back