• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Thorpe Groyney

Open your mind
Anyway, now all the fun of having a huge election has died down, we can get back to more normal rubbish to while away the time with.

Now, last week, the more eagle-eyed of you won't have bothered noticing, I didn't log in for around 5 days or so. What I was doing, which has amazed me as much as anyone, was discreetly dating someone relatively well known in entertainment circles a few times (although talking about it on a football chat room isn't quite so discreet - but I'm safe in the knowledge nobody knows who it is or could find out).

It stemmed from my radio work. I tend to think I have the looks and body of an oil tanker than an oil painting, so I was as shocked as a Texan prisoner on the Green Mile when she said yes to seeing me again, after I semi-jokingly asked her out, and gave me her number, having given her a bit of the old chat during the day.

Anyway, it's been very odd. When I'm with her, I think 'wow, that's so-and-so sitting there' and it doesn't really register she's with me.

There was a real Notting Hill moment, too, when we met up with my brother and his daughters one evening. The first thing he said to her was 'F***, you look just like ..." before I said "Hi, this is so-and-so ... " Cue silence for 10 seconds and then a response of "F*** me, did you hypnotise her then!"

It's been really strange but a good strange. And yes, she's visited my tiny run-down abode and thought it cosy, in spite of the boxer shorts on the radiator.

I know there's no way this will last but it's damn great while it does. It gives the ego a massive boost when you see a pic or something on the tv and think 'yeah, she was round here last night'!

There must surely be someone else on here that's gone out with a well known person too (and probably a lot more well known too). Did you have the same surreal feelings I have, that it somehow isn't happening and is some weird dream you'll wake up from and soon forget?

Last edited:
Come on tell us you evidently want to or you wouldn't of started this link.

Let's do some detective work...who knows what radio work Southchurch Groyney does? Has he mentioned it on here before?

Once we know what station it shouldn't be too difficult to find out what female guests there's been on recently...we can at least draw up a shortlist. Maybe even run a poll on who we think it is.

Southchurch mate - it's the off-season, we've got nothing better to talk about. If you wanted it kept secret you shouldn't have said anything at all ;):D

Jo Brand?

Not quite the same but a mate of mine from London once dated Angela Griffin for a few months. He said the same ie couldnt get his head round it having seen her on the TV for years. Must have been weird smashing her too knowing she has a semi celeb.

I had my own flirtation with fame on a trip to Nottingham once when I pulled former Man City lynchpin Kevin Horlocks (female) cousin. I was only 18 or so and on a lads trip away to visit our mates at Uni. Sadly for me she looked a bit too much like Kevin and the relationship was over once my mates pointed out she wasnt great but it was a wirlwind 15 mins.

51PD29RJG2L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

we were both 15/16 then!

Thanks for the reply to my PM Southchurch Groyney, I know you said please don't tell anyone but I can reveal he is dating the fantastically beautiful. I am the most jealous bloke in the world because I would love to tap that.

The fit one from Eastenders:

CherylFergison_280_476086a.jpg

Now that is deffo a roll in flour and poke the damp patch type bird.
Is your so called date jimmy krankie,oh how i hope so.

Guy I was a BR apprentice with back in the day (late 80's) reckon he went with Jade Jagger. The ladies certainly liked him so I had no reason to doubt.

Back