• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Dear Uncle Ron,

I would like to know the answer to the above question please. I am not flush with dosh but do have the space. Having spent a considerable part of the last 37 years in the West Stand I think it would be a shame for it just to be smacked to bits.

If it could be taken down piecemeal and transported to Suffolk at reasonable cost I would definitely consider it. As long as the leaky tap in the gents behind the RBS could be fixed. Oh, and I would want the deal to include the ladder and TV gantry.

You can keep the seats - they never looked right anyway.

I can just hear Mrs Suffolk Shrimper (having not been brave enough to tell her of my plans until the stuff starts coming down the drive): 'What the **** have you gone and bought now'. 'Sorry dear'.

I would guarantee that it then remains standing for ever. I would even deal with the lack of investment in paint in the last few years by giving it a new blue coat.

I will then invite 10,000 Southend fans over on a cold snowy January night, ask them to kindly queue up to get in via just two turnstile entrances, hand them all a paper green ticket in exchange for £2.00, lay on a few dodgy hot dog stalls, insist that people smoke or wear flares or both, put Ray Clemmence in a mocked up goal in front of the stand, and then once all are crammed in I will pretend to be Derrick Parker, run clear on goal, go round the goalie and smack the ball in to the net for Southend to beat Liverpool 1-0 like wot should of happened had the said forward not fell on his ****.:goodun:

I look forward to hearing from you.

Yours expectantly,

Suffolk Shrimper

(SATV goes out into his back garden tripping over the kid's toys armed with a tape measure in an effort to see if the North Bank will fit next to the playhouse)

Dear Suffolk,

Terribley sorry to dissappoint but Sainsburys have offered me and additional
GBP1.5 million for the main body of the stand as a unique deli counter in the new shop -

yours Ron M

Back