• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

glensufc

Youth Team
I don't want to get too negative here but why are we suddenly lacking the desire to win. For the last few games now we have simply been outfought. I regard that as the ultimate sin for a footballer. If we are beaten by a better side then fair enough. I can take that on the chin as long as the effort and desire is there, but sadly that's not the case at the moment.

Looking at our last 6 league games, the only team we have beaten is Bristol City and look where they are in league! Take out Swansea because I believe they are a better side than us, but in the other games, three defeats and a draw. I put those results down to the desire of the players, rather than our players not being good enough. Yesterday was even more frustating when you consider the injuries that Port Vale have.

I just hope Tilly and Brush can give the team a good kick up the arse and get the desire, effort and work rate back up. Perhaps young Lawson's youthful enthusiasm would be helpful to the team. In my view the midfield needs freshening up a bit, it's just not bossing the middle of the park or creating much for the front players. It's true we are missing Guttridge.

While I'm at it, I'm not convinced by some of Tilson's psychological comments. In particular the 52 points comments, but there have been others as well. Sure it may be the case that 52 points is the first target, but I don't like that attitude, it sends out a signal to players that 52 points is good enough, start doing that and 52 points my be all we end up with at the end of the season. I wonder if Jackett has the Swansea players thinking about 52 points, or thinking about winning promotion.

Belief can carry you a long way and when you play sport at a high level the difference between winning and losing can often be decided in the mind!

Back