• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Believe me if you was caught in the middle of it... you would not find it so dull tedious and extremely boring :-)

Also cannot that bored you wanted to also post :-)

During the rumble did you receive a blow to the head?,What does "also cannot that bored you wanted to also post" mean.

You actually recognised people from years ago at one football match are you serious?. You must either have a great memory or just talking a load of rubbish I would say the 2nd seems more likely. If you don't know any facts then its probably best you don't say anything as it makes you look like your jumping on the bang wagon, there was trouble but only due to the fact West Ham fans tried to attack some of our fans in a pub and didn't quite get their way end of.
Totally plausible - there was a nasty skinhead that used to cause trouble at away matches that I used to keep an eye out for in order to keep my kids away from him. I saw him away at Orient last season for the first time in a good 8 years. When you see someone causing trouble you remember them.

in terms of trouble in the pub on Saturday - if there is CCTV and our lot were protecting themselves then they have nothing to worry about.

Haha yes indeedy,You are comical haha.

Last edited by a moderator:
Totally plausible - there was a nasty skinhead that used to cause trouble at away matches that I used to keep an eye out for in order to keep my kids away from him. I saw him away at Orient last season for the first time in a good 8 years. When you see someone causing trouble you remember them.

in terms of trouble in the pub on Saturday - if there is CCTV and our lot were protecting themselves then they have nothing to worry about.

Did the skinhead still have the same haircut and look the same after 8 years then?.

During the rumble did you receive a blow to the head?,What does "also cannot that bored you wanted to also post" mean.

You missed the little 'song' at the bottom of that post. It makes the above sentence look like Shakespeare. I'd better get on with the dinner...sorry, I meant dinner I cook the thump the hammers wot you on about broccoli.

My lad is a ginger who's been mascot at games over here. If I heard some supposed 'lad' giving him grief I'd smack the living day lights out of him, and trust me I'm a long way from being a hooligan.

HOWEVER....I was also once a gobby little ***** who probably used to shout some inappropriate things after a few beers at that age. Most of us were if we're totally honest. If I'd have copped a smack in the mouth back then I'd have deserved it, but please before we get on our moral high horse lets remember properly what we may have done in our younger days.

I was also a bit gobby when I had a drink in my teens but I would of never of abused a young kid who did nothing to provoke it. That is just being a pure nasty **** not a gobby ****.

Did the skinhead still have the same haircut and look the same after 8 years then?.
He was actually wearing a hat at Orient but I recognised his face. The reason I recognised his face is because when you don't want to be dragged into some pointless **** that someone else is trying to create it has an impact on your memory. I go to football matches to watch football, if I wanted to fight I'd find something important to fight about not fight with someone who actively supports poor quality football as those are people I have things in common with.

Thank god those morons are no longer allowed to do this and let others enjoy the game, similar to calling black players monkey, ****, **** etc

May seem funny when you are teenager and in awe of your father, but doesnot mean it is right and thankfully being kicked out of the game, though threads on here of how great it was to be involved in dust ups from 70s and 80s, only fuel the mentally impaired cyber warriors on here

UTS

They do RonRonRon, they do RonRon.

Good post. I was there at the back end of the 80s and can vividly remember the monkey noises that hundreds if not thousands of people would join in with at Roots Hall. And that was when we had black players on our team too??!

I remember when we played a black team from ghana called Acra Heart of Oak in 1970 and there was no racist chants agianst them . The first racism I ever saw was when we played Cardiff City in 76 in the F A cup when some article throw a banana at Clive Charles the black Cardiff full back

I remember when we played a black team from ghana called Acra Heart of Oak in 1970 and there was no racist chants agianst them . The first racism I ever saw was when we played Cardiff City in 76 in the F A cup when some article throw a banana at Clive Charles the black Cardiff full back
Its a good job that sort of behaviour has been eradicated at most clubs, even at leeds and everton. The only ones who've still got a problem are millwall and the north east teams IMHO.

Read exactly the same something about trouble with West Ham fans 9 arrested.

A lot of West Ham did the double weekend. 500 fans there may have been but a lot of hammers were in there who were going to Swansea on the Sunday.

If Southend were innocent then there is nothing to worry about.

Football, beer and rivalries don't mix too well. All sounds pathetic to me.

Going back to the abuse of the ginger. Pathetic.

A lot of West Ham did the double weekend. 500 fans there may have been but a lot of hammers were in there who were going to Swansea on the Sunday.

If Southend were innocent then there is nothing to worry about.

Football, beer and rivalries don't mix too well. All sounds pathetic to me.

Going back to the abuse of the ginger. Pathetic.
I sometimes believe some southends fans live on cloud nine

Honest the west hams fans who attack the southend fans was not there to support southend they knew SUFC was in Town and Got off their Swansea bound Train and headed to the Pub near the station for a punch up that SUFC fans who was having a quick Pint before the their train home

As I said they picked on the wrong people and made a quick exit back to catch the next Swansea train out of town

Sadly the southend fans who stood up to them got arrested not the aggressers who it looks like got away scot free to catch the next train

Im hoping that my fav man with no coat doesnt get a banning order and southendforwhatever is a hamster so dont worry Rich.

Thats the spirit..Fight em on the beaches,Jeez.
The way I see it this isn't about football its about common assault.

If anyone gets set upon what are they to do? Take a kicking or defend themselves?

People are far to quick with the moral attitude to consider the actual situation.

I very rarely post on here but always keep an eye on the site. Each and every time there's a thread about trouble at games be it home or away it's always alcohol related. Don't get me wrong I like a drink as much as most people... But why oh why do people need to spend hours in a pub getting tanked up just to watch a football match? By all means have a couple of pints but I can see absolutely no reason to get almost paralytic. Firstly how much of the game do you actually remember? Secondly those who do it must miss half the game from having to visit the toilet several times throughout the game? We all know once the seal is broken you can't stop it! I go and watch football to watch football not to get tanked up, abusive to others, arrested, thrown out, have a fight or anything like that, so why do others think they have a right to do it and spoil most genuine supporters day?

I very rarely post on here but always keep an eye on the site. Each and every time there's a thread about trouble at games be it home or away it's always alcohol related. Don't get me wrong I like a drink as much as most people... But why oh why do people need to spend hours in a pub getting tanked up just to watch a football match? By all means have a couple of pints but I can see absolutely no reason to get almost paralytic. Firstly how much of the game do you actually remember? Secondly those who do it must miss half the game from having to visit the toilet several times throughout the game? We all know once the seal is broken you can't stop it! I go and watch football to watch football not to get tanked up, abusive to others, arrested, thrown out, have a fight or anything like that, so why do others think they have a right to do it and spoil most genuine supporters day?

When I was going to quite a few away games back in the Webb III/Newman/Wignall eras I would suggest ****faced was the only way to do it. Better to be having a party in your head and in the stands than actually taking in the full-on shambles in front of you on the pitch.....

The way I see it this isn't about football its about common assault.

If anyone gets set upon what are they to do? Take a kicking or defend themselves?

People are far to quick with the moral attitude to consider the actual situation.

How on earth did Westham fans know Southend fans were in that pub?..It's the year 2013 and we still have moronic behaviour from so called football supporters.

Hopefully Southend were innocent and the culprits feel the full weight of the law.

Back