• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

This is what happened in wetherspoons,as told to me from a non-football supporting mate who was drinking in there sat afternoon. At approx. 16.30 about 20 southend supporters entered the pub so obviously left the game 30 mins before the end of the match. After 10 mins a group of 6 lads came in,(whu) and all hell broke loose. Whether this was pre-arranged by mobile or not is unknown, but if it was those spam fans were extremely brave or had a death wish!! The trouble was started by the larger group(southend), and several were arrested there and then when the OB arrived. The OB have taken the pubs cctv away, so further arrests are likely. Hope this clears this up:thumbsup:

Last edited:
Totally plausible - there was a nasty skinhead that used to cause trouble at away matches that I used to keep an eye out for in order to keep my kids away from him. I saw him away at Orient last season for the first time in a good 8 years. When you see someone causing trouble you remember them.

in terms of trouble in the pub on Saturday - if there is CCTV and our lot were protecting themselves then they have nothing to worry about.

I was at the Lincoln game as well, and while I can't be certain it was the same people that got turfed out then, I moved seats when a similar gang, all worse for drink, started sitting round me on the right of the away end by the tea bar. They all left after half time.

The trouble was started by the larger group(southend)
Please define "started"...

ie. were the words "when you're blowing your pretty bubbles in the air at scumton park your mum is up the apple and pears blowing me" or " I hear there's a question mark over your parentage, who's your real daddy Chas or Dave or Ron or Reggie or any other bloke from the 374 seen leaving your house in the wee hours"

Anything less than the above and I would consider SUFC fans NOT to have "started" anything. :unsure:

^^THIS. Brilliant reply:smile::smile::smile::thumbsup::thumbsup::smile::smile:

:raspberry::raspberry::raspberry:Meh:raspberry::raspberry::raspberry:

To be fair to swiss he has a point as you do write a load of bollox on subjects you know little or indeed nothing on,but of course you are allowed an opinion.
Are you related to OBL?

i wasnt allowed in the crowed steward said i think your to drunk so i said fair play and went to the pub, while i was their i didnt see any trouble and some of the Newport lads we met where nice fellas one said they often refuse entry if they think your abit to drunk so fair play, the worst part was i wasnt that drunk but like i say i took it on the chin and travelled a long way to play pool in a pub lol a few southend boys where in the pub apparently not being allowed in so wasnt just me lol
Having watched the game think you had a right result!!

Back