• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Do you support Premiership clubs in europe?

Premiership clubs in Europe

• Consider it my patriotic duty to support them all

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Hope the 'big four' lose but support the others

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Not bothered either way

Votes: 12 70.6%
  • Hope they get beaten

Votes: 2 11.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Reg Martin

No Relation
The thread about Premiership games being played in the US and whether this would be 'selling the soul' of English football prompted this poll.
At one time I always supported English clubs when they played in European competitions but increasingly am no longer bothered and was quite amused to hear Liverpool lost this week.
Not due to any loss of patriotism, more a case that that I think money is destroying the soul of the English game at the top, and, TBH, it amuses me to think of the glory-hunting fans of the big clubs having to face up to defeat.

I seriously couldn't care less. I have one team, and that's the only one I care about, even England take second place.

I must admit, I got caught up in the Liverpool final v AC Milan (3-0 half time, and to come back and win, who wouldn't), and the Man Utd v Bayern (1-0 with 90 secs left, win 2-1), but the Arsenal and last Liverpool one.... meh....

no. was speaking at work yesterday about this. A norwich fan at my place of work said i should support the teams in Europe as they are representing England. i personally couldn't give a monkeys if they all went out in the first round.

With the multi-cultural squads these days - especially Arsenal's - their claim ob representing England is wearing thin. I like to see them do well, but I don't have much of an interest in the games and don't actively support them or care when they lose.

Hope the money-grabbing sht1tbags get beaten every time.

Champions League my ar$e. Just a money-making exercise and nothing else. Even the teams that get their ar$es kicked are then given a UEFA Cup place.

Anyone that likes the Champions League should be shot with ****. Fact.

I'd support English clubs in Europe. The trouble is I don't see the top clubs as English.

Man U - Europe is their priority over English football; the club sees its future in Asia - see where their pre-season tours go to; Korean/Singaporean/Malaysian/Chinese fan-base; Scottish manager; US owned; a few English players, but vast majority foreign.
Liverpool - care more about Champions League than Premier$hite/FA Cup; the club sees its future in Asia - see where their pre-season tours go to; Thai/Malaysian fan-base; foreign ownership; Spanish manager; predominantly foreign team with only two English regulars, one of whom doesn't want to play for England, the other rarely performs for England.
Chelsea - Champions League is again priority over League; clubs ambitions lie in US - look where they tour pre-season; Israeli manager; Russian ownership; a handful of English players, but majority not English.
Arsenal - Champions League again takes priority over domestic competitions, only field (foreign) reserves in League Cup; tour abroad as that is what is important to them, trying to build fan-base abroad rather than in England; French manager; only one English player in squad, but rarely given opportunity.

I can't see what is English about these clubs.

Back