• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

DON'T COME TO THE HALL

Excellent post, rabbloke.  I doubt there's a fan on here who doesn't groan with disappointment when something doesn't go right for a player, or when that player generally has a bit or a mare.  

What I find objectionable is hearing "f*** off Paynter, you're f***ing sh*t, why the f*** did we by the uselss c***" within 10 minutes of kick-off on his thrid or fourth game for us.

I agree that any player should be mentally tough; but is it wrong to wonder if some sectors of our crowd are getting on his back far, far too early?  As HKB noted, Ian Benjamin was hardly a prolific goal-scorer... but that didn't stop him from being a hugely effective and influential partner for Bretty Angell.

Perhaps we should try to let Billy prove that he could fulfil a similar role with Freddy...

rock.gif

Matt

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ Sep. 20 2006,15:19)]What I find objectionable is hearing "f*** off Paynter, you're f***ing sh*t, why the f*** did we by the uselss c***" within 10 minutes of kick-off on his thrid or fourth game for us.
Thrid? By?

laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ Sep. 20 2006,15:27)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ Sep. 20 2006,15:19)]What I find objectionable is hearing "f*** off Paynter, you're f***ing sh*t, why the f*** did we by the uselss c***" within 10 minutes of kick-off on his thrid or fourth game for us.
Thrid? By?

laugh.gif
suspect.gif

You appear to know a spell-checker that I don't know...

tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (canveyshrimper @ Sep. 20 2006,11:44)]I think most people groan when something goes wrong, it is after all a natural reaction borne from the emotion of the game. But witless and personal abuse should not happen, and it certainly won't make the players play better.

To put another spin on it, if you are sat at work and your boss/colleague whatever says to you that you are worthless piece of sh!t, and why don't you f**k off, is this incentive to try harder? I think not.
Whilst I agree that telling a player to 'eff off you useless lump of sh!te' is counter productive, I don't agree with the liking it to the boss telling you you are a no good tw&t. None of us fans are the players boss.

I think it is more like this.

You have taken your car to a garage as the engine keeps cutting out. The newly employed fitter works on it and you take it away, only to find out it still keeps cutting out. He trys again but still no joy. Do you keep letting him tinker or insist that someone new takes a look? We are the paying customers. Fix my car or feck off and let someone else have a go.

last night in the south lower someone was shouting at hunt saying how bad he thought he was only to change his choone after hunts scored

classic!
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ Sep. 20 2006,15:57)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ Sep. 20 2006,15:27)]
[b said:
Thrid? By?

laugh.gif
suspect.gif

You appear to know a spell-checker that I don't know...

tounge.gif
The OED?

tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Fitter @ Sep. 20 2006,16:14)]You have taken your car to a garage as the engine keeps cutting out. The newly employed fitter works on it and you take it away, only to find out it still keeps cutting out. He trys again but still no joy. Do you keep letting him tinker or insist that someone new takes a look? We are the paying customers. Fix my car or feck off and let someone else have a go.
True but then if you go back once more and he gets it right, he might offer you a free MOT in future for your loyalty.

It's flawed as a comparison in a way because there is no real definitive indicator of a player's performance. If you took your car in and eleven people were used to fix the same problem (presumably something like a missing car) then you couldn't blame one person. Instead, you would blame the manager for employing these people who couldn't get the job done.

Tilson picks the team and he should take blame if and when it's due as well as acclaim if and when it's due.

In fairness, several of the people complaining have bern asking why Tilson picks X. However, we are at a position in the league table that we'd all be happy with at the end of the season so overall, the team's been effective. This is why I'm surprised tat people are trying to explain our shortcomings. There doesn't seem to be a shortcoming that needs explaining.

From what ive seen Paynter is going to struggle at this level. But if Tilly picks him and he gives 100% for the blues thats good enough for me. Like sufcintheprem said, Tilson picks the team. Get on the managers back if its not working. Im sure he would appreciate it more than giving stick to the players on the pitch.

As for JCB i cant fault his workrate. Allways seems to give 100%. The only problem for jcb is, he gets in a great position then digs himself a hole !

Back