• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Wow, a four year? Didn't see that coming. It's a very long time.

I do trust the Brown knows what he is doing with this guy, can always place him back into the youth teams or on loan if needs be.

Wow, a four year? Didn't see that coming. It's a very long time.

I do trust the Brown knows what he is doing with this guy, can always place him back into the youth teams or on loan if needs be.

I also doubt it's on mega money. We may also be sick of losing very good players to bigger teams for peanuts. Hayden and iorfa being two good examples.

How players are coming off this conveyor belt, Bridge is on the way to learning a very harsh lesson. Stay humble, work hard of you'll be forgotten.

I've not heard much of this player. If only we could keep them all under the radar we might get to keep a few. In the event of a big offer that four year contract will become an asset to the club. It isn't going to cost them too highly at this stage to take that risk. Good work from the club.

Sounds to me Ricky Duncan needs to be signed up on a long term contract. Fantastic work done over the past few years.

I like the fact he is talking it over with his parents and not some parasite of an agent, and im sure there will be clauses in the four year contract allowing for an increase in his wage according to his ability and performances.

At last we are seeing the fruit of hard work by our youth staff...and the more gifted players coming through. We will need to accept that for some they will fall through our hands..and we may get some financial benefit. But some will stick..and benefit us. This is a much healthier picture than we have had previously...long may it continue. How can we have more info about our promising yoof...but not promote them too well so that they stay under the radar of poaching clubs?

I like the fact he is talking it over with his parents and not some parasite of an agent, and im sure there will be clauses in the four year contract allowing for an increase in his wage according to his ability and performances.

has a parasite of an agent now ?

Let's hope his parents don't get their heads turned by the likes of Man City or Liverpool!

Any news ............. or is Yeareo still chatting with matre and patre? (I think that is Latin for mummy and daddy - I do like to make this site a little educational from time to time).

Anyway, just in case Mr & Mrs Yeareos are reading this, I would say (having watched footie for many years) that starting with a club like Southend is a good place to be. Able to learn from experienced professionals (including some internationals and those who have played in the top league) whilst not being too distant from the first team squad if opportunity comes knocking. :thumbsup:

Maybe some of you dont like agents being called parasites, im sure not all are ,but im off the old school and preferred it when a player could speak for himself or as in Drus case being young, his parents.Iwatched an old movie yesterday called Goal!, im sure many here have seen it,and didnt it show up what the person in it Glen Foy thought about agents,at least the agent in it .Rather enjoyed the movie too .:smile:

Maybe some of you dont like agents being called parasites, im sure not all are ,but im off the old school and preferred it when a player could speak for himself or as in Drus case being young, his parents.Iwatched an old movie yesterday called Goal!, im sure many here have seen it,and didnt it show up what the person in it Glen Foy thought about agents,at least the agent in it .Rather enjoyed the movie too .:smile:
I do understand were your coming from, but not all players can speak for themselfs, they need help, be it bad or good, if its left to the club, then the clubs interest will be to the for, and not the player.

I do understand were your coming from, but not all players can speak for themselfs, they need help, be it bad or good, if its left to the club, then the clubs interest will be to the for, and not the player.

Perhaps then the PFA should have people appointed to guide the players for a set fee and with no ongoing financial interest. That way the players best interests may be served.

Perhaps then the PFA should have people appointed to guide the players for a set fee and with no ongoing financial interest. That way the players best interests may be served.

Exactly this. James Milner's had a PFA agent since he was 16 and he hasn't stopped him earning good money. You never know, he may have benefited financially, without paying the PFA as much as he would've done a regular agent.

Back