• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I'm no "sport scientist" or youth welfare officer but perhaps other posters on here will know.

Does the fact that Yearwoody is only 17 (and therefore his body is still developing significantly) effect the amount of time that he should be putting in 100% into footie?

I'm not suggesting he needs wrapping in cotton wool but there are complaints such as shin splints that can develop.

I'm no "sport scientist" or youth welfare officer but perhaps other posters on here will know.

Does the fact that Yearwoody is only 17 (and therefore his body is still developing significantly) effect the amount of time that he should be putting in 100% into footie?

I'm not suggesting he needs wrapping in cotton wool but there are complaints such as shin splints that can develop.

When Lenny started with us he was the same age grouping; he took a little while to find his position and he also bulked out a fair bit with a few "growth" related injuries too IIRC.

I've not seen this guy play at all, but I have concerns that the season is going to start and uncover a very average player who's downfall will be the amount of hype from folks who are desperate to see a product of our youth system become the next Freddy Eastwood. It is often the case that the gulf between perception and reality can be enormous, especially when the player in question comes from the academy of the football team you love.

I hope he becomes all it seems he might, a 4 year deal from the manager himself speaks volumes and not something we've seen for a long time. A ringing endorsement imo. However, I will reserve judgment until we see him breaking into the first XI outside of friendly game and the performances carry over into more important games.

I've not seen this guy play at all, but I have concerns that the season is going to start and uncover a very average player who's downfall will be the amount of hype from folks who are desperate to see a product of our youth system become the next Freddy Eastwood. It is often the case that the gulf between perception and reality can be enormous, especially when the player in question comes from the academy of the football team you love.

I hope he becomes all it seems he might, a 4 year deal from the manager himself speaks volumes and not something we've seen for a long time. A ringing endorsement imo. However, I will reserve judgment until we see him breaking into the first XI outside of friendly game and the performances carry over into more important games.

He isn't very average at all. You need to see the lad play. Last night against Brighton, he constantly wanted the ball, was comfortable on the ball, strong and creative. Had a sublime shot in the second half that wasn't far wide.

I am keen to see him play against L1 opposition. I think he could hold down a place in the starting 11 easily. No average player gets offered a 4 year deal

He isn't very average at all. You need to see the lad play. Last night against Brighton, he constantly wanted the ball, was comfortable on the ball, strong and creative. Had a sublime shot in the second half that wasn't far wide.

I am keen to see him play against L1 opposition. I think he could hold down a place in the starting 11 easily. No average player gets offered a 4 year deal

My question a few posts earlier was about that. Can a 17 year old hold down a place .......... or perhaps the question is should the club (any club?) be asking a 17 year old to hold down a place when their body is still developing? Would it be the case that the player would be "rested" for instance?

My question a few posts earlier was about that. Can a 17 year old hold down a place .......... or perhaps the question is should the club (any club?) be asking a 17 year old to hold down a place when their body is still developing? Would it be the case that the player would be "rested" for instance?

Was ok for Rooney

Dru's agent is former Shrimper Leon Johnson.

If you're good enough, you're old enough!

Took the words from my mouth.

I think it's premature to say he could rival Lenny for his place, although it is concern to hear some say he seemed uninterested. I doubt Dru could play a full 90 minutes at competitive senior football right now. It reminds me of when Sturrock was praises a young player [may have been Wabo] just to motivate Ryan Hall.

Back