• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I say get all the players from the league 2 play off winners team together for the first match at Fossetts Farm as a friendly! Or just Gillingham ;)

I say get all the players from the league 2 play off winners team together for the first match at Fossetts Farm as a friendly! Or just Gillingham ;)

i think that's a good idea and a nice touch. im sure some of those faces would be back for a Maher testamonial anyway

The 1991 team vs the 2006 team.....?

Spinner plays a half for both slides.

Bognor Regis
shok.gif

I've been there, drove past there ground and oh it was rubbish.

Poor Jupp, come home son :D

The 1991 team vs the 2006 team.....?

Spinner plays a half for both slides.

that is a superb idea! maybe it will have to be a 25 min each way game, as the 91 team are getting on a bit now!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duncan_Jupp

After watching the You Tube clips on here and Duncan's wonder goal at Cardiff, I got to wondering where he was now having left Gillingham after Christmas. Apparently according to Wikipedia, he is now at Bognor Regis Town.

A mighty fall I'd say from league football but good luck to him, he will always be remembered here fondly and go down in the annuls of Southend United history for all time for what he achieved for the club on that fine day alone.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duncan_Jupp

After watching the You Tube clips on here and Duncan's wonder goal at Cardiff, I got to wondering where he was now having left Gillingham after Christmas. Apparently according to Wikipedia, he is now at Bognor Regis Town.

A mighty fall I'd say from league football but good luck to him, he will always be remembered here fondly and go down in the annuls of Southend United history for all time for what he achieved for the club on that fine day alone.

in other news the titanic has sunk

That's definitely been reported on here before, I think someone said he 'd moved down that way. Shame, really, bit of a cult hero for us and initially with Gills before he picked up a nasty injury.

He has been very well received at Bognor but is unlikely to be at Bognor next season as they have no money to pay players (or anybody else). Manager and some players have already left, others (all of them unless they want to play for free) likely to follow. Whether Bognor remain in Conf South next season is uncertain at present.

I have just had a thought, as Juppy should be available this season, I wonder if we have an opening for "goal celebration" coach? This guy could teach the kids a thing or two about running around like a headless chicken

I remember Cardiff, turning to my mate sayin '' oh know juppy's got it'' turnin away only to turn back at the last minute to see it goin in to the back of the net!!! Brilliant. Shame for him though.

I remember Cardiff, turning to my mate sayin '' oh know juppy's got it'' turnin away only to turn back at the last minute to see it goin in to the back of the net!!! Brilliant. Shame for him though.

Ah I can still picture it as if I were there. :clap:

I've heard that he is there too some where. Good luck too him, was a decent player for us!

Back