• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Will never forget saying to my mate 'what the **** is Jupp doing there' and then cursing Eastwood for passing it to him rather than going it alone and then in the very next second seeing the ball going into the net.Whatever else Juppy does he will be remembered by Southend fans for that moment.

Last edited by a moderator:
Will never forget saying to my mate 'what the **** is Jupp doing there' and then cursing Eastwood for passing it to him rather than going it alone and then in the very next second seeing the ball going into the net.Whatever else Juppy does he will be remembered by Southend fans for that moment.

I remember screaming at Fredy to pass it - until I saw it was Juppy hairing up the wing - and changed my scream to 'dont pass it fredy!'

Guess it all worked out ok in the end!:clap:

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope when Maher has his testimonial that players like Jupp, Eastwood, Wilson, Prior & co make it for a kick around.

Nice little anecdote about last week's Bognor Regis game. Doomed to relegation, they were playing promotion chasing Chelmsford City, managed by that loveable ex-Canvey Island owner Jeff King.

Our FA Cup ties were evidently not forgotten when Bognor scored a late, late winner to come from behind in a 2-1 victory, only their second home win all term. Cue full time, and instead of congratulating the players, Duncan apparently runs over to the Chelmsford dug-out and bellows "Does that bring back happy memories you fat c***!".

Both Jeff and Glenn Pennyfather were apparently somewhat less than pleased to be reminded of his Southend roots

I was at his table at the POTY do that year, it was the week before the Grimsby game and I asked him what he would do if he scored the winner. He said he had absolutely no idea, probably just stand there looking confused! Though he admitted himself it was probably not worth worrying about. Alas the goal didn't come at Grimsby but he saved it for an even sweeter moment! Was a good player for us and a jolly nice chap to boot.

Was on that table as well, and agree with all that. Sitting in the lower stand for that game, and we had the perfect angle for his shot as it rolled right towards us!

Nice little anecdote about last week's Bognor Regis game. Doomed to relegation, they were playing promotion chasing Chelmsford City, managed by that loveable ex-Canvey Island owner Jeff King.

Our FA Cup ties were evidently not forgotten when Bognor scored a late, late winner to come from behind in a 2-1 victory, only their second home win all term. Cue full time, and instead of congratulating the players, Duncan apparently runs over to the Chelmsford dug-out and bellows "Does that bring back happy memories you fat c***!".

Both Jeff and Glenn Pennyfather were apparently somewhat less than pleased to be reminded of his Southend roots

Which just adds to his legend status.

Which just adds to his legend status.

Rather my thoughts, nice to know it all still means something to him. As has been said somewhere else, would hope he'll come back to put in an appearance when Kev eventually gets his testimonial.

attachment.php

This interview appeared in the Dorset House school magazine. Seems odd to hear him called Mr Jupp!

Last edited:
Duncan Jupp has been forced to quit Bognor.

The defender, who played in the Premier League for Wimbledon, spent 18 months at Nyewood Lane but will not be part of the squad next year.

The 34-year-old has decided to hang up his boots to concentrate on his job as a coach at Dorset House School in Pulborough as well as a sports science degree which he begins at Roehampton in September.

Jupp said: “I would love to keep playing for Bognor but I won’t have enough hours in the week to commit properly to the club.”

Jupp also played for Fulham, Notts County, Luton, Southend and Gillingham in a career spanning 277 League appearances.

Am I having a deja vu moment here because I'm sure I've heard this already but can't see it anywhere?

Duncan Jupp is a Southend legend just for THAT goal in Cardiff.

Happy retirement Juppy, you'd be welcomed back at Roots Hall any time.

Back