• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Eastwood

£100k is a lot of money nowadays. If thats true then it doesn't surprise me that the club wants to wait til the month is over before making another move. Thats a serious investment, but if Fredy continues to impress everyone as he has been doing then I guess it would be hard for Ron Martin and Tilly to not find the money...

If we let all this go and Eastwood goes to Canvey there WILL be Hell to pay!
mad.gif

Of course we want to sign Fredy but we were doing well before he joined and we will continue to do well if he leaves. Dont forget that one of the reasons that he has done so well is that he has come into a sh*t-hot team that is creating loads of chances.

I think some people on this thread need a reality check.

Eastwood had a fantastic game last weekend, but it was one game. I did not go Tuesday night, but by all accounts he had another good game.

However, £100k for a non league player? I'd rather he went somewhere else if thats the case whether it comes back to haunt us or not.

I work with a few West Spam fans who have all seen him play and don't rate him. One in particular who attends most reserve games and youth games and a West Spam fan who actually talks sense(shocking I know), said he looks great for times and then just fades away. He just loses interests in games and on times is very arrogant.

He is not the new Collymore and its a total and utter disrespect to the legend himself to be compared to him.

Don't break the bank Ron, I'd rather see this club survive.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TrueBlue @ Oct. 22 2004,17:35)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]He is not the new Collymore
rock.gif
?
rock.gif
?? why not Collymore has been famous for losing interest!
Collymore lost interest before he came or while at Southend?

Anyone who compares Collymore to Eastwood needs to get their head checked.

Why should Eastwood want to go to a team with a s**t ground and get 700+ fans every home game while he can go to biggest club in Essex and play in front of nearly 5000 fans at Root-Hall and full house if he fire us into promotion frame by end of march. Its be a shock if Eastwood go to an club for money reason not a footballing reason.

Canvey is new Leigh RMI but with an backer like Kings family.

Ron & Tilson, pull your finger out & sign him up - I don't care how much we pay Grays, cos in 2 yrs time he will be worth millions & we will be in highest divisons & derbies with Col Ewes or possbley W@nk-Ham. If you want, we can miss out on Eastwood & we sit & watch him fire another club to glory instead of us.

If anyone worth breaking the bank ... its Eastwood
cool.gif

If Eastwood join wrong club, he would become new 'Kevin Rapley' - remeber that player who was on fire (scoring 4 goals in 3 game) before he choose Notts County over us in 1999, look what he doing now
rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Einstein @ Oct. 22 2004,16:19)]...He is not the new Collymore and its a total and utter disrespect to the legend himself to be compared to him.

Don't break the bank Ron, I'd rather see this club survive.
No, Collymore scored two goals on his debut, Eastwood got three...

wink.gif

FWIW, I think Eastwood is a player that when he's on fire, he's on fire, when he's not he's high maintenance, much like Wayne Gray. The difference is that Eastwood hit the ground running, Gray didn't and got criticised.

I've seen enough from the reserve game at Millwall and the game at Sc**thorpe - let's leave his debut out of it - to say that yes, he is the sort of player that will get you a goal out of nothing when he's on form (much like a certain Mr. Constantine), and he won't miss an awful lot of chances if he's given them, but he won't do a lot else for the side.

And in that case, then 100K, if that's what it takes, is an awful lot of money...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TrueBlue @ Oct. 22 2004,17:49)]After he left Southend Just look at his time at Villa or in Spain.
Still Eastwood 'could' BECOME the next Collymore who knows!
No, he could never become anywhere near as good as Collymore. He doesn't have the sheer physical presence of Collymore for a start. Collymore had the press after him, which destroyed him and in turn destroyed his football career. It was never a football matter that destroyed Collymore!

Anyone who thinks Eastwood could play in the premiership is deluding themselves.

Look at Luke Rodgers, he was rated as premiership class and £2million 3 seasons back. Where is he now? Still the 3rd division.

You might as well say Gordon Connelly is of the same quality as Beckham and could play in the premiership on the ability he showed against Brighton in ONE game.

I don't know why people are getting so worked up.

1) The club (thank God) will not be drawn into paying money they cannot afford, recent history has proved that and it is very welcome.

2) Eastwood has played two games for us, admittedly phenomenal games but we've seen enough precedents over the years of people that have been outstanding before they have been given a contract and pants afterwards.

3) Two weeks ago we were on a promising run of form, starting to play some attractive football, creating chances AND winning games. We suffered an injury crisis, Eastwood was brought in on loan as cover and got his chance due to Tes being out. We've got enough players in the team that can score goals if fit. Our trouble is not scoring goals it is preventing them from going in at the wrong end.

4) If anybody else has any interest in Eastwood let them declare it. If they want to throw stupid money at Grays and Eastwood then let no-one stand in their way.

It would potentially be great to sign Eastwood but not the end of the world if we didn't.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (* ORM * @ Oct. 22 2004,18:13)]I don't know why people are getting so worked up.

It would potentially be great to sign Eastwood but not the end of the world if we didn't.
Finally someone who is seeing things in the same light!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (* ORM * @ Oct. 22 2004,18:13)]I don't know why people are getting so worked up.

1) The club (thank God) will not be drawn into paying money they cannot afford, recent history has proved that and it is very welcome.

2) Eastwood has played two games for us, admittedly phenomenal games but we've seen enough precedents over the years of people that have been outstanding before they have been given a contract and pants afterwards.

3) Two weeks ago we were on a promising run of form, starting to play some attractive football, creating chances AND winning games. We suffered an injury crisis, Eastwood was brought in on loan as cover and got his chance due to Tes being out. We've got enough players in the team that can score goals if fit. Our trouble is not scoring goals it is preventing them from going in at the wrong end.

4) If anybody else has any interest in Eastwood let them declare it. If they want to throw stupid money at Grays and Eastwood then let no-one stand in their way.

Is this an imposter... or has ORM made a good point?

tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (overseas shrimper @ Oct. 22 2004,18:47)]
[b said:

Is this an imposter... or has ORM made a good point?

tounge.gif
Only ONE good point OS ? 
laugh.gif

Apologies for my moment of lucidity in an otherwise ocean of numbnutness. Normal service is hereby resumed.
cool.gif

Back