• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Eastwood

[b said:
Quote[/b] (overseas shrimper @ Oct. 22 2004,13:40)]I like my fence.

tounge.gif

You going to the game tomorrow or will I see you in the Chat Room?
Neither!

I will be in the chat-room, but you definitely won't see me!
tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Einstein @ Oct. 22 2004,17:03)]No, he could never become anywhere near as good as Collymore. He doesn't have the sheer physical presence of Collymore for a start. Collymore had the press after him, which destroyed him and in turn destroyed his football career. It was never a football matter that destroyed Collymore!
Collymore had great talent and certainly was a premiership player however you can't blame the press totally for his downfall. He is a wife beater. He hits women !, remember the story with the car parks a few months ago ? that made me feel sick. What does this say about him.

Great talent yeah but whats the point if you haven't got the brains or you haven't got a full ticket ?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (footymad13 @ Oct. 22 2004,21:13)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Einstein @ Oct. 22 2004,17:03)]No, he could never become anywhere near as good as Collymore. He doesn't have the sheer physical presence of Collymore for a start. Collymore had the press after him, which destroyed him and in turn destroyed his football career. It was never a football matter that destroyed Collymore!
Collymore had great talent and certainly was a premiership player however you can't blame the press totally for his downfall. He is a wife beater. He hits women !, remember the story with the car parks a few months ago ? that made me feel sick. What does this say about him.

Great talent yeah but whats the point if you haven't got the brains or you haven't got a full ticket ?
You mean like Gazza?

Like Collymore said yesterday on Frank Skinner, the stuff that the two have done are similar, but yet Gazza has been allowed to forget his actions, remember he beat his wife on several occasions.

I know that they had vastly different skill abilities, but to forgive somebody and accept them to be on tv frequently, for one misdemeanour and not do the same to another is just double-standards.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Guest @ Oct. 22 2004,17:11)]Of course we want to sign Fredy but we were doing well before he joined and we will continue to do well if he leaves.   Dont forget that one of the reasons that he has done so well is that he has come into a sh*t-hot team that is creating loads of chances.
Southend?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (sufcintheprem @ Oct. 22 2004,23:30)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Guest @ Oct. 22 2004,17:11)]Of course we want to sign Fredy but we were doing well before he joined and we will continue to do well if he leaves. Dont forget that one of the reasons that he has done so well is that he has come into a sh*t-hot team that is creating loads of chances.
Southend?
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Barmy Army @ Oct. 22 2004,21:22)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (footymad13 @ Oct. 22 2004,21:13)]
[b said:

You mean like Gazza?

Like Collymore said yesterday on Frank Skinner, the stuff that the two have done are similar, but yet Gazza has been allowed to forget his actions, remember he beat his wife on several occasions.

I know that they had vastly different skill abilities, but to forgive somebody and accept them to be on tv frequently, for one misdemeanour and not do the same to another is just double-standards.
I can't speak for everyone, but i don't like what iv seen of Gazza, his a wife beater, a drunk and quite frankly seems to think his gods gift.

I don't think of Collymore or Gazza as a legend.

Back