• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Encouraging the Players

Shrimp in a Kilt

I know that we are feeling down and I am sure that the players are equally disspirited. It would do the players a lot of good if an effort was made to organise as many people as possible to go down to B&L tomorrow to watch the training and show support for the team. A good turn out of people with a positive supportive attitude can only help (I assume here that there will be training at B&L tomorrow, if not then sometime next week).

I am quite expecting to get shot down or ignored with this one, BTW, but nonetheless I think it would make a difference.

Can see where you're coming from there Tom.

Was our strong "support" not mentioned as being a factor in one of the signings last summer? Can't remember which player it was but when they were told about our collection of Exiles who still feel as strongly as they do about the club and try and get to as many games as possible, that was one of the clinchers of the deal allegedly!

I'm not absolutely certain, but I believe the squad do some of their training at Gloucester Park in Basildon. I heard that they were there one day last week, but I couldn't say what day.

Oh, for a bit of time off work... I'd certainly pop down for a look.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Andu @ Nov. 02 2006,13:24)]Someone suggest a time and I'll be there
Spoke to Michelle at the club and she thinks the players may be travelling tomorrow. I will try and find out when they are training next week and post it.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (shrimper_sam @ Nov. 02 2006,17:05)]They train always on monday morning at about 9-10 am...
Michelle seemed to think so, especially with some match or other that has been shoe-horned into the week.

Back