• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

England 1-2 Netherlands

mattitouk

Life President
Well... that me start the thread by commenting on the horrid state of our home kit :thumbdown:

From a distance, it looks like England are playing in the dutch away kit (as the red socks, look as if they have an orange tint to it) & we should be playing in the all blue.

Anyway.... thats hope for a good game.. intresting to see drinkwater got a start, was expecting him to come on in the latter stages as a sub.

Last edited:
Lallana is playing his way off the plane. Milner hasn't started well either.

Lacklustre 1st half from England so far, at this rate it will be 0-0 at full time (although, England do seem to come more awake in the 2nd)

Mental note to self... must email Phil about 2nd half performances!! :smile:

Considering the match is meant to be a sell out why are there so many empty seats in the posh peoples seats at the middle front of the stand?

And yes, it was a lovely goal.

Just noticed that there are loads of empties up in the upper tiers, so I probably misheard the sell-out bit. It's still a disgrace that the nobby ones don't watch the game.

Who else!.... it really is his season isnt it!!

The never ending true rollercoaster love story that can only be called "football"... thats what I truly love about the game...

From a factory worker 4 years ago, to wearing the 3 lions on the shirt with national pride in front of 70,000+ fans & scoring against Germany and Holland in a matter of days.

God works in mysterious ways....

Now can he just focus on Fossets Farm please!

All together now... "Kumbaya My Lord..Kumbaya..." :smile:

Give Jagielka a serious whack in the back before passing the ball for the Dutch to the lead. Classy refereeing decision Mr Spanish ref.

Continuing my grumpy vein of today, having now seen both the new home and away kit, I don't much like either of them. They just don't look good enough for an England team for me.

Roy once again got it completely wrong,the man is an old fool,utterly clueless.

All he had to do was keep virtually the same team from the other night,dump LLalana and why play Milner,Sturridge has done nothing all season yet waltzes straight back in.

The Dutch have been shakey for some time yet they beat clueless England with ease.

Why not build on the Germany win,keep the same group for an hour then tweak changes,why change the midfield,Alli and Dier had zero time last night,Kane and Vardy need game time to build on their partnership yet Roy decided to break it up and play Sturridge,Roy knows exactly what DS offers.

Milner has 58 caps. Has there ever been a worse player to get 50+ caps for their country?

The mind boggles why Roy selected Milner!
Llalana since leaving Saints has been a pale shadow of the player who forced his way into the England team!
Sturridge been on the treatment table all season,why include him when the likes of Kane and Vardy are on fire!

Stones requires basic coaching,play the way you are facing and row z if in doubt.

Truly woeful performance from England.

Because it was a friendly and he wanted to give players a chance to show they should be taken to the tournament.

No point just playing the 1st 11 in both games as it wouldn't serve the purpose.

Now he has to pick the squad and from here on in its about gelling the team.

All he had to do was keep virtually the same team from the other night,dump LLalana and why play Milner,Sturridge has done nothing all season yet waltzes straight back in.

The Dutch have been shakey for some time yet they beat clueless England with ease.

Why not build on the Germany win,keep the same group for an hour then tweak changes,why change the midfield,Alli and Dier had zero time last night,Kane and Vardy need game time to build on their partnership yet Roy decided to break it up and play Sturridge,Roy knows exactly what DS offers.

Surely the whole point of last night was to give other players a chance to impress (or not) and get onto the plane (Milner, Walcott, Sturridge, Rose, Drinkwater etc) and also ensure we have good options when someone (inevitably) gets injured during the run up to the Euros. Plus Roy has to appease the clubs by ensuring important players aren't overplayed where needs be.

We probably need another thread but I'd be interested to see people's squad selections in light of the friendlies.

Last night I thought we saw the best and worst from Lallana, Walker showed what he often shows, but then got caught out. Rose had a very poor game which was a shame and leaves us suspect at LB. We still don't know who will partner Smalling at CB. Also we haven't nailed our CM at all.

I don't think Roy went about the friendlies in the wrong way at all. All his selections were understandable and justified.

Team to start against Russia:

Hart(?)
Walker(?) ??? Smalling Clyne(?)
Dier(?) Henderson
Alli
Vardy Kane Welbeck(?)

Because it was a friendly and he wanted to give players a chance to show they should be taken to the tournament.

No point just playing the 1st 11 in both games as it wouldn't serve the purpose.

Now he has to pick the squad and from here on in its about gelling the team.

What first 11 is that exactly ?

Just to be clear, you do know that these two games were friendlies. This was not a group game, as the tournament doesn't start until the summer.

Back