• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Essex CCC 2018

15 an over needed, keep going for singles though guys.

And with this coming loss, that'll do us with no chance of qualifying really.

Essex 135-9 (20.0)
Somerset 136-0 (11.2)

Somerset win by 10 wickets

This is getting embarrassing. :Frustrated:

That's worse than a disaster! 135-0 off 11 overs is embarrassing. Something is not right !

Yet another woeful performance yesterday - it's just getting embarrassing now.

When Dimitri Mascarenhas was appointed as Assistant Head Coach, Anthony McGrath said:

“He will bring a tactical nous to our white-ball cricket and help the squad improve on our performances in the One-Day Cup and T20 Blast in recent seasons"

Well, I'm sorry - the recruitment of overseas players has been poor, selection has been poor, they have displayed no tactical nous, technical ability falling behind other teams and very little fight.

We've gone backwards since Mascarenhas joined - he must take some of the blame for this, surely.

Ok heres my view from a season ticket holder of many years and suffered under the Grayson era, I can only put it to those who have not gone to cricket ,as the era at Southend when Bobby Moore was in charge, lack of direction and decent players

Two years ago we were in the lower division of cricket, struggling to get crowds through the gate for a four dayer, and we always seemed to fail in the ODI especially T20
We got promotion and then against all odds we only went and won the league, not winning but blowing away the opposition, with newbies who were young and hungry and unknown on the circuit

This year we have a new breed of fans who expect more success and us oldies knew it was going to hard, especially as one person kept the team tight,not a player but off the field Chris Silverwood left for pastures new in the England setup.
Something is wrong as I said when I was at the Oval, but I will happy to keep our place in the top league and if we get a run in ODI, then all well and good.
First year as Champions was going to be hard, we are still in with a chance of a decent place in the Championship, but as for ODI we still have not got the right balance, and though the word from management was we were going for ODI silverware, I think the hardy supporters knew it was going to be tough.
Have faith ,this year a severe learning curve, next year one of progress, looking to Lords next week, great ground and atmosphere for the ODI and hopefully a bit more fight

I compare last year to like Leicester City winning the premiership, unexpected but enjoyed the ride and also the expected fall from Grace

UTE

I don't think it is unrealistic to expect us to win some games though. 1 win in 9 I think? That's **** poor.

Championship season is a different kettle of fish where, frankly, we're doing fine I think. Surrey will win it but they deserve it.

One Essex player has scored a T20 fifty this season - just one player!

I think every other county has had at least four players score a 50 this year.

I said before the season that we aren't set up for limited overs cricket and that was fine and I'm ok with that. I'd prefer overseas players chosen for their first class rather than limited overs prowess.

What I'm not ok with is what we're doing with the talent at our disposal. We're not maximising it. Our most destructive hitter has faced I believe just 8 balls in the last 8 matches. There's no attempt at flexibility to ensure favourable batting match-ups, we're picking far too many bowlers. The whole thing is, tactically, a shambles. This type of thing we shouldn't be learning by trial and error but by studying the IPL, the Big Bash and getting a decent analyst in. We'd do better by reading some Jarrod Kimber articles on the evolution of T20 tactics on cricinfo.

Essex Eagles vs Gloucestershire starts 19.00hrs 10th August

Venue: The Cloudfm County Ground, Chelmsford

Live Free Stream from Essex Cricket TV you just need to register
https://essex.ukcricket.tv/livestream

Update: Match delayed - Start delayed due to a wet outfield

Update: Match Abandoned without a ball bowled - Due to a wet outfield

:Sad:

Last edited:
Essex Eagles vs Gloucestershire starts 19.00hrs 10th August

Venue: The Cloudfm County Ground, Chelmsford

Live Free Stream from Essex Cricket TV you just need to register
https://essex.ukcricket.tv/livestream

Update: Match delayed - Start delayed due to a wet outfield

Update: Match Abandoned without a ball bowled - Due to a wet outfield

:Sad:

bonus, we didn't lose! After 1 win, 1 tie and 7 losses in 11 that's progress.

Bring on the red ball stuff, enough of all this white ball rubbish

Another good point v Hampshire yesterday :Smile: we are on a roll, looking forward to Lords this week and then the Battle of the bridge FrIday

Harmer needs to do it all I think. Lancashire also about to win so getting tight.

Back