• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Essex CCC 2019

Hampshire ain’t great, we are gonna rely on cook a lot or should I say to get the runs on a regular basis.

Bit concerned about Tom Westley who has gone backwards rapidly since his England call up, but Ravi appears to have hit the deck running. Very strong side IMO just off to a bit of a shocker. Porter has taken a hat load of wickets in last couple of seasons and we have a top slow turner in Harmer not to mention a certain Peter Siddle to come. There’s not a county in the country who wouldn’t have those three in their line up. Oh and we have one of the best batsmen in world cricket opening.

Bit concerned about Tom Westley who has gone backwards rapidly since his England call up, but Ravi appears to have hit the deck running. Very strong side IMO just off to a bit of a shocker. Porter has taken a hat load of wickets in last couple of seasons and we have a top slow turner in Harmer not to mention a certain Peter Siddle to come. There’s not a county in the country who wouldn’t have those three in their line up. Oh and we have one of the best batsmen in world cricket opening.
Yep Ravi must get more runs than he got last season for sure, I don’t see us in top four this season but think we will have more joy in one day cricket:Thumbs up:

Yep Ravi must get more runs than he got last season for sure, I don’t see us in top four this season but think we will have more joy in one day cricket:Thumbs up:

Ravi was our top run-scorer last season and one of the few players in the country who averaged 40+ in division 1 last year. Don't worry about him, the one we need to get more runs than last season is Dan Lawrence. He's got too much talent to be averaging under 25 like he did last year. He should be looking to double that this season.

Nick Browne is another who had a poor season and a poor start to this season. We could really do with a steady year from him. His ceiling isn't as high as Lawrence and I'd happily take a season with him averaging 35.

I think the key to Essex's season though will be Cook - just not the one you're thinking. I reckon it will be Sam Cook. He could have a season where he takes 5 wickets at 50 and Essex struggle or 50 wickets at 20 and Essex contend - all depending on whether his next step is a step forward or backwards. Nobody else is that much of a wildcard. His namesake Alastair we should be able to ink in for 800+ runs regardless, but come the end of the season Sam could as easily be leading the attack as out of the attack and I think how he goes ends up defining Essex's season.

Have signed Robbie White on loan from Middlesex to cover for injuries to Adam Wheater and Michael Pepper.

Am a bit disappointed we didn't tempt Fozzie back from retirement.

I think the key to Essex's season though will be Cook - just not the one you're thinking. I reckon it will be Sam Cook. He could have a season where he takes 5 wickets at 50 and Essex struggle or 50 wickets at 20 and Essex contend - all depending on whether his next step is a step forward or backwards.

Hmm, he's been dropped.

After losing the toss, we have Surrey 86/3 at lunch.

Two wickets for Siddle and one for Porter. Quinn has been expensive though.

Have signed Robbie White on loan from Middlesex to cover for injuries to Adam Wheater and Michael Pepper.

Am a bit disappointed we didn't tempt Fozzie back from retirement.

Foster is on the Worcester coaching staff now. Didn't realise old salt n was injured as well.

Foster is on the Worcester coaching staff now. Didn't realise old salt n was injured as well.

Appendicitis, I've heard.

Ravi injured?

A late scratch through injury. Would have been harsh to drop him after last week!

Rishi Patel is making his debut. Had a prolific year for the 2nd XI last year, so fingers crossed he can translate that to the firsts.

RtD now seemingly injured as Westley has completed his over.

This is rapidly turning into Southend's season.

Rishi Patel looks like he can play. Got a bit carried away and edged one to slip but he looked the part prior to that.

Essex still in a hole at tea.

Back