• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Essex CCC 2019

Two tough games to come now. First up Surrey with an in form Olly Pope and possibly Roy. They’ve just been rolled over mind by Hants who could have a huge say in who wins the title.
With finals day to come it’s ending up another decent season (hopefully very decent)
Does make me chuckle when some on here were writing us off a couple of games in - we weren’t even out of April!

Seeing that batsmen dominated on all four days suggests Tendo gambled on nicking a few out early when bowling conditions were most favourable. Warwickshire batted for two days followed by Essex batting for two days including a fourth day pitch.
He’s captained us to two titles in three seasons so I wager his judgment of conditions is pretty sound.
Yes we batted for two days but we had to follow on.
RTD has got previous for this. Elected to bowl first at the Ageas Bowl in the first game of the season. Hampshire got 525-8 declared and Essex lost by an innings.
I wager his judgment is on the wane.

Even if it is only 8 points you are unlikely to catch up on bonus points alone, meaning we will probably have to match Somerset's result in our next game, and then beat them at Taunton.
Let's hope Ten Doeschate doesn't **** up the toss option at Taunton like he has done at Edgbaston.
So whoever wins the toss usually wins the game, is that the theory?

Yes we batted for two days but we had to follow on.
RTD has got previous for this. Elected to bowl first at the Ageas Bowl in the first game of the season. Hampshire got 525-8 declared and Essex lost by an innings.
I wager his judgment is on the wane.

Yes we followed on but we only just missed the cut and we were chasing over five hundred. I’d have more time for your argument if we were chasing 350 and then followed on.
We were never in any danger of being bowled out today.

Two tough games to come now. First up Surrey with an in form Olly Pope and possibly Roy. They’ve just been rolled over mind by Hants who could have a huge say in who wins the title.
I wonder if Rory Burns will be allowed to play, Sam Curran also.

I still favour us to win the title, and agree Hants will be a tough one to crack for Somerset. Last match will be a cracker. Whatever, its been an unexpected, even over achievement by us. COYE

I still favour us to win the title, and agree Hants will be a tough one to crack for Somerset. Last match will be a cracker. Whatever, its been an unexpected, even over achievement by us. COYE

Drink it up as it might take a few years to assemble a group of players as good as this squad.
Hopefully we keep Harmer (I believe he's being lined up to be captain in all formats)
and Cookie carries on opening the batting. Australia have a free winter next year so we may get Siddle again and this time for whole season - if not maybe someone else who wears a baggy green.
Brown, Westley, Lawrence, Bopara, the other Cook and Porter all signed up so we have the spine for a decent first class side.
Good times being a Essex fan at the moment.

I am looking forward to seeing Harmer bowl at Taunton.

Some coin tosses are vital however this was a strip of concrete up in Birmingham where hopefully players like Tom Westley have played themselves into a bit of form with some big big matches to come.
The fact is if we had had a toss and won it, it may well have been us getting 500+ on that wicket, with possible extra batting points. Moreover if we had got Warwickshire to follow on, I would have backed Harmer to have run through them twice.

Essex v Surrey - Match delayed due to light drizzle and bad light. (Turn the ruddy floodlights on, flaming wimps :Thumbs down:)

Meanwhile

Hampshire v Somerset - Hampshire win toss and decided to bat.

Hampshire currently 42 for 5 (They were 24-5)

Organ c Hildreth b Gregory 0
Holland c Vijay b C Overton 4
Alsop b Davey 3
Northeast c van der Merwe b Gregory 6
Vince b Gregory 6
Dawson not out 13
Donald not out 9

Somerset making a good start. :Angry:

Back