• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Essex CCC 2019

I don't usually do this but I'll make an exception on this occasion

A random Lancs fan has messaged me

I am a Preston North End and Lancashire CCC fan
Congratulations to essex last night and good luck to Southend for this season. Some happy memories of your big open away end.
. It wasn’t to be for lancs yesterday , everything conspired against . us.

I have 4 tickets - 3 adult and one junior- tickets forT20 finals day. ( you may be able to upgrade the junior , or, to be honest, no one ever seems to check). They will be like gold dust to fans of well supported teams in the final who have not got one yet. After having to try rip off touts last year , we bought a year in advance this year. Sadly though not to be.

They are the best ( non corporate) seats in the house . Right about the bowlers arm in the second balcony of the pavilion 92quid adult. Will check the junior price.

Rather than letting them get on the black market I’d happily sell at face value to a genuine Essex supporter. If you could put the message on the forum.

If you want their contact details give me a PM.

Last edited:
great win for us, we have found some serious form. We'll miss Amir if we can't get him back but hopefully we can find a way through. I don't much care for 2020 but i'm happy to watch Essex on TV. Hopefully, for once, we actually don't stink the place out on finals day.

Priority is the red ball stuff though. Anyone going to the Surrey game?

We do seem to be getting a lot of luck in t20 this season. Not convinced by the quality of the team overall but it might just be our year, we have got the best draw we could have asked for in the semis and if we can get Amir back for the day I think I'll start to believe.

Ahead of the Championship stuff restarting, Sam Cook played for Chelmsford on Saturday. 3/31 and 71 runs

We do seem to be getting a lot of luck in t20 this season. Not convinced by the quality of the team overall but it might just be our year, we have got the best draw we could have asked for in the semis and if we can get Amir back for the day I think I'll start to believe.

Ahead of the Championship stuff restarting, Sam Cook played for Chelmsford on Saturday. 3/31 and 71 runs

Not sure luck played a part, after the run we had, but do understand where you are coming from re T20 set up

What I saw of Amir and I posted prior he would not have been a lost as he was very erratic, but come good at the time needed, happy with Derbyshire draw but I would expect they are saying the same and keep away from the two teams no one wanted

Looks like a handy first innings lead for Somerset and a very hard task for is to beat Warwickshire now

Somebody told me Warks scored over 400 in their 1st innings in a game this season and still ended up losing. Am I clutching at straws?

Lunch Day 2

Warwickshire (1st innings) 360-6
Essex (yet to bat)

Somerset (1st innings) 199 all out
Yorkshire (1st innings) 103-9
Somerset (2nd innings) 49-2

Somerset lead Yorkshire by 145 runs with 8 wickets remaining

Back