• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Evening echo.....

I have been it many times for my luuvvy passion, always get a photographer along for a new show.

Also have appeared in it when up at Everton for a certain FA Cup day.

Also appeared in it when we kidnapped Teddy Taylor for Student Union Rag Week.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Leeboy @ Oct. 21 2004,12:51)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Spaceman Spiff @ Oct. 21 2004,12:48)]Had my name in a couple of times for scoring for Southend Rangers...
when did you play for them Spiff?

I played for their B team in 1990 but gave it up cos I was missing too many SUFC games!
I was in the 1995 team
smile.gif
in 1990 I was 11!

We were a bit hit'n'miss... win 6-0 one week, then lose 10-0 the next! Did you play next to Nazareth house in the schoolyard by the old BT exchange? Crap pitch wasn't it...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Spaceman Spiff @ Oct. 21 2004,13:04)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Leeboy @ Oct. 21 2004,12:51)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Spaceman Spiff @ Oct. 21 2004,12:48)]Had my name in a couple of times for scoring for Southend Rangers...
when did you play for them Spiff?

I played for their B team in 1990 but gave it up cos I was missing too many SUFC games!
I was in the 1995 team  
smile.gif
 in 1990 I was 11!

We were a bit hit'n'miss... win 6-0 one week, then lose 10-0 the next! Did you play next to Nazareth house in the schoolyard by the old BT exchange? Crap pitch wasn't it...
I was 16!

no, we played at Shoebury Park, Bournes Green, Leigh Marshes etc. The 'really nice' pitches that leave an impression on you forever...........

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Leeboy @ Oct. 21 2004,13:04)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Bob Cratchitt @ Oct. 21 2004,13:02)]when we kidnapped Teddy Taylor for Student Union Rag Week.
arf arf jolly japes eh? wizzo!
Shut it convict.
mad.gif

Only jealous that whilst i was having fun being a student you were making mail bags

[b said:
Quote[/b] (overseas shrimper @ Oct. 21 2004,12:31)]I was featured when a short film I made won a competition to be shown with a select number of shorts on TV.
Were you on the BBC kids show Screen Test?

I been in it a various few times as part of photos for sports teams at school / college.

The most embarrising (which my mum bought the pic of and has in the lounge [curse!]) was when i was in the school choir in Infant school, and i got picked to carry this umbrella for some reason or other. I did a little hop and a step or sumit, and the Echo snapper caught it. Cursed blooming thing!

Dave

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ Oct. 21 2004,14:49)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Leeboy @ Oct. 21 2004,12:46)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ Oct. 21 2004,12:33)]Can't remember what the headline was... I'll have a look at home tonight.
'Harry Potter Sues Weightw*tchers' ?  
wink.gif

biggrin.gif
Thanks...

sad.gif
How about MTS sues Leeboy over libellous allegations?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mad Cyril @ Oct. 21 2004,14:52)]
[b said:
[b said:
wink.gif

biggrin.gif
Thanks...

sad.gif
Alas, "fair or justified comment" is a complete defence to an action in defamation... It ain't libel if it's true...

sad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ Oct. 21 2004,15:33)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mad Cyril @ Oct. 21 2004,14:52)]
[b said:
[b said:
wink.gif

biggrin.gif
Thanks...

sad.gif
Alas, "fair or justified comment" is a complete defence to an action in defamation...  It ain't libel if it's true...

sad.gif
Is it true? You've never tried Weightw*tchers to my knowledge
wow.gif
biggrin.gif

Revenge is better than Christmas...
tounge.gif

I have been in the echo several times. The best one is SUFC related.

It was during Barry Fry and Collymores time. We were playing on a friday night and wasnt due to finish work until 10pm so I phoned in sick.

We won with big Stan bagging a couple. After the game I walked out into the car park and was approached by an evening echo reporter. He asked for my comments and then took a photo. The following Monday had a pictire of me in the echo with the words underneath it... HICKEY- The buzz is back.
I speant the rest of that week bricking it in case my boss saw it and sussed on.
biggrin.gif

I have been in it for affray back in 2000 for defending myself againdt a load of yobos from Doncaster.

For the record i got a not guilty at Chelmsford crown court.

The cockroach was in it the other year when he wrote a very heartful and tearjerking letter to Ron Martin with the title "Give us back our Home Uncle Ron".
Still brings a tear to my eye to this day.
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mad Cyril @ Oct. 21 2004,13:28)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (overseas shrimper @ Oct. 21 2004,12:31)]I was featured when a short film I made won a competition to be shown with a select number of shorts on TV.
Were you on the BBC kids show Screen Test?
Sadly... no.

sad.gif

I use to watch it though... does that count?

The best article in the Echo has to be the photo of 2 blokes who told their women they were working away for 2 weeks and went to stay at a holiday camp up north and picked up 2 girls. The northern birds sent a photo to the Echo with a "have you seen our lovers?" letter which was published. The 2 wives were not impressed.

Back