• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Existing SKY customers

I tried this last night and managed to get my SKY+ subscription reduced from £36 a month to £18 month for the next 6 months.

Check out other peoples experiences here:
Digital TV Cost Cutting

Give it a go as when you get to Cancellations they will try to ask you about what channels you use, do you like SKY+ - just be adamant that you dont really use SKY+, you watch a broad range of channels, that you already have a freeview box,etc...

Stick to your guns and remain polite and if you are lucky they will offer the 6 months half price
Hope someone finds this useful:
What do I say?(script) You want to cancel as you need to cut costs and you are fed up with the latest price rise. You are thinking of getting freeview. Be nice but stick to the "i'm cancelling" line until you get an offer. If asked about your viewing habbits in an attempt to get you to cut down your package say that memebers of your family watch a variety of channels across all the packages.

Who do I say it to? (tel number) Easiest to call customer servics and ask to be put through to canclllations. Try this number 08005875707. When asked for a customer number dial 123. Do it twice and then you'll be put through to customer services for free. They may say the dept is busy and you may have to hold for 15 minutes. usually you get through much quicker than that - it's ploy to delay the cancellation.

What do I take if offered? 6 months half price or a cheap sky plus system if you want one (they seem the best deals of late).

i done this when i was wanting SKY+ installed. They were trying to get £150 out of me as an existing customer.

So i told them to stick the lot up there arse.

Funnily enough they offered it to me for £60

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Rayleigh_Blue @ Aug. 25 2006,11:15)]I tried this last night and managed to get my SKY+ subscription reduced from £36 a month to £18 month for the next 6 months.

Check out other peoples experiences here:
Digital TV Cost Cutting

Give it a go as when you get to Cancellations they will try to ask you about what channels you use, do you like SKY+ - just be adamant that you dont really use SKY+, you watch a broad range of channels, that you already have a freeview box,etc...

Stick to your guns and remain polite and if you are lucky they will offer the 6 months half price
Hope someone finds this useful:
What do I say?(script) You want to cancel as you need to cut costs and you are fed up with the latest price rise. You are thinking of getting freeview. Be nice but stick to the "i'm cancelling" line until you get an offer. If asked about your viewing habbits in an attempt to get you to cut down your package say that memebers of your family watch a variety of channels across all the packages.

Who do I say it to? (tel number) Easiest to call customer servics and ask to be put through to canclllations. Try this number 08005875707. When asked for a customer number dial 123. Do it twice and then you'll be put through to customer services for free. They may say the dept is busy and you may have to hold for 15 minutes. usually you get through much quicker than that - it's ploy to delay the cancellation.

What do I take if offered? 6 months half price or a cheap sky plus system if you want one (they seem the best deals of late).
I tried this a few months back as my Skybox went up the creek.  They wanted to charge me £60 for a new box and for an engineer to come round.  I said i wanted to cancel, and they sent round an engineer with a free replacement box.  Result.

Just phoned them now after reading your post.  Got offered my package half price £18.  Result!
Managed to haggle the full Sky world package for £21-25 a month for six months.  I just explained i was going to get Free View and my situation had changed with a baby on the way.

Superb!

It works with 02 too and I'm sure many more companies...

I had done my year on my contract (£20 for 500 texts, 500 off peak landline/02 mins and 50 off peak any network mins) and so I phoned up and was quite blatent and said I going to swtich networks, I want to cancel my contract, theres just so much cheaper out there....

She replied, theres no need sir, we have a huge ammount of scope to adjust your contract.
Strightaway she offered me 500 texts and 500 any time and network mins for £20 (usually £35) and as a sweetener offered me £30 credit to my account ie 1 and 1/2 months totally free

My mates have all tried it and got same offer!
They *really* dont want to loose your custom!!

Back