• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Buxton away would be amazing!! Inbred little town in the Peak District. What a great day out that'd be!!

Otherwise, I'd always predictably pick anywhere that's not too far from me. I can't go far wrong with away to the winner of Northwich Victoria v FC United of Manchester/Stalybridge Celtic.

I'd happy to travel to whichever club wins the Bromley v. Ebbsfleet tie. Tooting & Mitcham wouldn't be too bad either...

;)

Surely part of the appeal of the FA Cup early rounds is to drive for 5+ hours to stand in a ploughed field in the pouring rain .. not some 5 minute jaunt where you'll be home before the classifieds ??

Chelmsford, Grays or Heybridge would be a nice Essex derby.

Cambridge, Histon or Rushden would be nice close away games.

Truro City away would seem like we were playing away in Europe!

Truro City away would seem like we were playing away in Europe!

Which has reminded me....

All very well me saying that I hope we get Hayes & Yeading away, but a good friend is a Truro fan and I've promised I'd go with him to see them play Leamington (where another good friend lives) to watch their Southern League game that day.

Truro could of course be playing in the 1st round proper still; they have a replay at Mangotsfield tonight, then they need to get past Forest Green to join the big boys.

Can see the reasoning behind it, i'm hoping that we either get a really small team at Roots Hall or a local side as it'd be good to get a game on my Birthday.

I really want to go to a gig in Oxford on the 28th November (2nd Round day) so in theory should i be hoping for Leeds/MK/Southampton/Norwich/Charlton away so we'll probably get knocked out .. or a winnable tie and then hope for a trip somewhere around the Midlands (Oxford would be perfect obviously) in Round 2 :unsure:

Can see the reasoning behind it, i'm hoping that we either get a really small team at Roots Hall or a local side as it'd be good to get a game on my Birthday.

Not many local sides left now as Aveley and Heybridge both lost replays. Chelmsford have a tough home game against Stevenage and Thurrock have an even harder game at Oxford United.

Paulton Rovers away would be good one if they beat Chippenham http://www.paultonrovers.co.uk/joomla/

Last edited:
Back