• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Are people forgetting our away form? Even against a non-league side we will play 1 up front looking for a 0-0 draw, then go a goal down from a corner, before losing 4-0

Gone are the days when you would get a lower leage club , and put 7-10 goals past them .

Sadly not. It's a couple of hundred yards from Edgar Street, Hereford's ground.

Last time I was there (Edgar Street) the announcer called the ground a "stadium" - oh how I laughed.

Blair Sturrock and Corr up front on that day if I remember.

Last time I was there (Edgar Street) the announcer called the ground a "stadium" - oh how I laughed.

Their ground must be one of the best in the Country (at their level). Mind you, they do play at the same level as Bowers & Pitsea and Brightlingsea Regent !

I went to an FA Cup 1st Round game at Edgar Street in 1981-82.

We lost 3-1 and a load of Villa fans turned up and threatened us.

Miserable day all round, apart from the pub selling extra strong cider! :thumbsup:

Gone are the days when you would get a lower leage club , and put 7-10 goals past them .

Used to love getting non-league teams in the cup Os..7-0,9-0,10-1..
Loved going to the away games as well..twice AP Leamington:blush: Boreham Wood at home:blush:
But some good ones as well like Ilford.
The CUP was special those days

For all those wanting an away day against non-league opposition can I just type "quack, quack, quack" ........... I still shudder when I hear duck noises.

And Forest Green says Maldon Shrimper - aren't they Stroud way and quite a good side? (Top of the conference) Not a push over at all.

Funny thing about that game was that we got promoted that season.

Same in 1980-81 where we were undefeated at home in the league, but lost 1-0 at home to Hereford in the FA Cup when they were bottom of the football league.

Maybe we're just not a cup team!

Back