• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

FA Cup 2nd Round

I've decided to adopt Slough Town for the 2nd Round.

It was a close run thing with Solihull Moors, but the boys from Berkshire just pipped it with their heroic penalty shoot out win last night.

They entertain the winners of tonight's replay between Hartlepool and Gillingham at Victoria Road.

I've decided to adopt Slough Town for the 2nd Round.

It was a close run thing with Solihull Moors, but the boys from Berkshire just pipped it with their heroic penalty shoot out win last night.

They entertain the winners of tonight's replay between Hartlepool and Gillingham at Victoria Road.

My almost adopted side - Solihull Moors - are on live on the Beeb as we speak.

Meanwhile, Slough Town are preparing for Sunday's match at home to Gillingham. Ticket sales are going well, with the West Stand sold out. Not sure how big the West Stand is, but it sounds impressive.

In midfield, Slough have the Togwell Twins* and should be cheered on by all the staff from Wernham Hogg, who are the match sponsors.

Other ties of interest this weekend are :-

Halifax v Wimbledon
Maidstone v Oldham
Wrexham v Newport
Guiseley v Fleetwood
Swindon v Woking
Tranmere v Southport

... and there'll be at least one non-league side in the 3rd Round as Barnet play Stockport (Doesn't really sound like a non-league match, in truth)

So, here's to a feast of football! :Happy:

*Not technically twins and the Thompson Twins didn't do a song I can link to football, so it's a bit of a damp squib all round really. I should have chosen Solihull Moors after all! :Facepalm:

Last edited:
That bloke with the red hair for Blackpool. Dozy git. Ball dropped by their keeper and he's half asleep, realises there's a chance to score and promptly blazes it out of the ground! :Facepalm:

I Thought Solihull Moors coped better with Blackpool than we did.
Solid back four, and a keeper that comes and claims crosses.

Yussuf looked very useful up front for them. Strong in the air and held up the ball well. I'm pleased we don't need a player like that.

That bloke with the red hair for Blackpool. Dozy git. Ball dropped by their keeper and he's half asleep, realises there's a chance to score and promptly blazes it out of the ground! :Facepalm:

You mean Gnanduillet, the bloody bloke who has a habit of scoring winners against us late on in games? He's done us twice, once for Chesterfield and much more recently for Blackpool.

Yep, that was him, Yogi.

Second half wasn't too bad.

Apparently Solihull Moors have now drawn their last four home games 0-0! :Snore:

Meanwhile, Slough Town are preparing for Sunday's match at home to Gillingham. Ticket sales are going well, with the West Stand sold out. Not sure how big the West Stand is, but it sounds impressive.

In midfield, Slough have the Togwell Twins* and should be cheered on by all the staff from Wernham Hogg, who are the match sponsors.

Halifax v Wimbledon
Maidstone v Oldham
Wrexham v Newport
Guiseley v Fleetwood
Swindon v Woking
Tranmere v Southport

... and there'll be at least one non-league side in the 3rd Round as Barnet play Stockport (Doesn't really sound like a non-league match, in truth)

*Not technically twins and the Thompson Twins didn't do a song I can link to football, so it's a bit of a damp squib all round really. I should have chosen Solihull Moors after all! :Facepalm:
I sat in Slough’s West Stand last season and its very,very small.

They seem to think they might get 3,000, which I guess is pretty much capacity?

They seem to think they might get 3,000, which I guess is pretty much capacity?
Yes,I think that would be a tight squeeze.Its a modern,sports centre type ground with an all-weather pitch.

Halifax v Wimbledon
Maidstone v Oldham
Wrexham v Newport
Guiseley v Fleetwood
Swindon v Woking
Tranmere v Southport

I gave you a like because you worked really hard for it but were ruthlessly overlooked by other Zoners

Back