• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Ferguson’s Goal

Gary Moore - 2-1 win at Brentford in early 1970’s. Flicked up and over the defender’s head followed by a dipping half-volley. Not the sort of goal you’d ever expect from Gary, more akin to Peter Lorimer.

Lewis Hunt's volley was great as well. Shame there's no better footage than this which seems to have been filmed with a potato

Lewis Hunt's volley was great as well. Shame there's no better footage than this which seems to have been filmed with a potato

Slightly off topic, but was this filmed from south upper? Does anyone have any pictures of the view from up there? Always been intrigued as I know it has its diehard fans but never been up there!

Slightly off topic, but was this filmed from south upper? Does anyone have any pictures of the view from up there? Always been intrigued as I know it has its diehard fans but never been up there!

My favourite place to sit.. taken from the front row in block G. A better vantage point to watch a game of football, hear everything that’s said and everything that goes with a game of football you won’t ever find in my opinion. It’ll be a sad day when we do finally leave this old place.

E65BEA94-ED09-4621-A6C9-F2B31D185436.jpeg

Last edited:
Best view in football, high up and close to the pitch - a rare observation point. I think on the clubsite, you can see views from various seats

Best view in football, high up and close to the pitch - a rare observation point. I think on the clubsite, you can see views from various seats

You’re not wrong mate. I used to sit in the east stand up until 2013ish but moved to the south upper and haven’t wanted to sit anywhere since. As you say it’s a decent height up, you feel really close to the pitch and if you happen to sit in the first 5 or 6 rows then it’s a clear view.. though you are in danger of a ball flying at you giving the level of football we’re at :Hilarious:.

My biggest hope is that when (if ever) we do eventually leave the Hall, the somewhat uniqueness of the south upper is replicated because it’ll be a shame to lose such a good vantage point to watch a game of football.

Back in topic though, I bet Ferguson’s goal would have looked great from the south upper!

Angell vs Swindon at home is still one of my fave goals, lovely move forward, knocked up to Benji who lays it off for Angell to volley home a looping side foot shot.

This was my shout too. It was Tilly who played it up for Benji. I was sat behind the Director's Box where Glen Hoddle was - he may have been Swindon's manager at the time. I'm a massive fan of Hoddle but gave him a lot of grief after the goal!

Has Ferguson a lot of pace or is it the guy on the ball making him look slow? Is his touch heavy or is Fergie one of those guys who is incredibly quick over a very short distance? Or maybe a bit of both?
I seem to remember there was a guy from Crawley posted on here about him who said he was ok but without suggesting he was anything special.
Is MM using him differently from the way he played at Crawley?
I am really curious about this because surely if he had played there anything like the way he has done in his short stay with us they would have wanted to keep him?
Late developers are rare but can be a real asset!

That beats fergusons.

Absurd goal!! Plus in off the crossbar always makes it cooler.
Great goal, but Ferguson's was further out - for me it was better. Shame it didn't get a better camera angle.

Definitely and the most significant!
Sorry,not really that significant....and I hate manure more than anyone.
Free-kicks into the top corner can be seen very frequently—Benfica’s versus Arsenal yesterday for example.

Back